I have a big problem

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

SvargasD
DBs Used: DBF

Re: I have a big problem

Post by SvargasD »

Me es complicado imaginar posibles soluciones y sobra decir que Windows 2008 ya no tiene soporte ni actualizaciones desde hace años, por lo que todo recae en actualizaciones de Windows 10 que afecten la conectividad con el server, como dice AUGE_OHR, tal vez problemas de compatibilidad con SMB.
Yo solo te recordaría que cualquier versión de Windows para estaciones de trabajo soporta un máximo de 20 dispositivos en red, para más dispositivos, tienes que usar Windows server y sus respectivas licencias “CALS” para clientes.
Depende de que dispositivos tienes en tu red, pero si en tu empresa todavía utilizan Windows XP … puedes intentar lo que mencionas, pero si tus equipos ya ejecutan Windows 10 o 11, prueba como dices con Windows 10, y si el error desaparece, entonces el problema es con la versión de Windows 2008 server.
En mi escenario actual, yo ejecuto clientes con Windows 10 y 11 (estos últimos usan DosBox), conectados a un Server 2012r2, que ya estoy por jubilar este año, y los clientes que corren el sistema pasaron de 15 a solo 7, usando tanto red cableada, como wifi y VPN en las sucursales remotas, las transacciones ya no son como antes, apenas superan un par de centenas a lo mucho, pero las consultas son constantes.
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Windows XP is also used by Mainframe. See this: https://youtu.be/ouAG4vXFORc?feature=shared&t=998
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
franco

Post by franco »

With windows defender or any antivirus are you allowing app though firewall.
Do you use any Wi-Fi or all wired networks. Are your network printers wired or Wi-Fi.
All The Best,
Franco
Canada
franco

Post by franco »

Do you use a temp file or temp index to use in grid on sales.
I used to use a temp file for items, then append to main file when finalizing. I had problems losing data this way so I then used a temporary index and added directly to main table. This way there was only items for invoice # I was using visible in grid. Then after posting to dayend file I erased temp index and close the files.
All The Best,
Franco
Canada
martingz

Post by martingz »

Franco
We use Bitdefender as antivirus, the entire network is wired.

It is not a temporary table, there are no temporary indexes, explaining better, the table in question saves only 6 fields for payments.
At the end of the day, another team carries out the payment application process, divides them between accounting and commercial information, sends them to their respective tables and deletes the processed records from the dia_page table.

And as I explained, the last modification to the executable was more than 5 years ago, this had never happened until approximately 2 weeks ago, generally when there is packet loss on the network, the indexing is damaged and we have to rebuild it, which which is a process of no more than 3 minutes, but now it does not damage the indexing, only the data does not arrive, the entire process runs well, there is no program error.
franco

Post by franco »

Do you allow app though firewall. If not Bitdefender may be checking each byte travelling though system slowing down system.
If not check this out on google ..... How to allow an app through Bitdefender Firewall.
I remember I was having problems with table->field := 'something' I ended up changing it to replace table->field with 'something'.
This stopped that problem.
At one time I had the problem you are having. I never had problems with single user customers, So I felt it was a network problem.
I had to change my way of doing it so I did not have to try update a bunch of records from one table to another which is what you are basically doing with your grid using grid items to send to table. If you are interested I can explain how I got around it.
All The Best,
Franco
Canada
martingz

Post by martingz »

In case the same thing happens to anyone, today a computer with Windows 10 was installed, without updates, the Windows update service was deactivated and updates were blocked for several days, until this closure of our box, there has been no no data loss.
Everything points to a Windows update.
A thousand thanks to everyone who helped me with their comments and suggestions, this group is the best I've ever been to.
franco

Post by franco »

Are you using any windows 11 computers.
All The Best,
Franco
Canada
martingz

Post by martingz »

Franco

We use some, but none of them append blank to dia_pag, just queries, all the cashier computers have Windows 10
franco

Post by franco »

Just wondered if windows 11 had the problem.
All The Best,
Franco
Canada