HMG 3.6 (64 bit version)

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Red2
DBs Used: Visual FoxPro, FoxPro

Re: HMG 3.6 (64 bit version)

Post by Red2 »

Hello EDK,

Thank you for your very generous work on adapting hblibxlsxwriter to 64-bit.
Your kind efforts in this (and so many other matters) are much appreciated!

Hopefully others with C experience will share their ideas.
==================================================
Gracias por su generoso trabajo en la adaptación de hblibxlsxwriter a 64 bits.
¡Sus amables esfuerzos en este (y tantos otros asuntos) son muy apreciados!

Con suerte, otros con experiencia en C compartirán sus ideas.
gfilatov

Post by gfilatov »

edk wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:02 pm There is a problem with the console mode under hmg.3.6: if I set the GT driver in the sources: REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT, the application starts but the console window is not visible, you have to kill the application via the task manager.
Hi Edward,

There is not a problem with the console mode. ;)
Please take a look at the attached archive along with the console executable. :arrow:
Note that the compilation line should be like this
build.bat hello.prg
Attachments
CONSOLE.ZIP
(668.32 KiB) Downloaded 1079 times
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein
edk

Post by edk »

gfilatov wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:13 pm Hi Edward,

Please take a look at the attached archive along with the console executable. :arrow:
build.bat hello.prg
Hi Grigory, but it's not quite OK.
Maybe I didn't explain exactly what I mean.
In previous versions of HMG, although I called the build without the /c parameter (%gtdrivers% is -gtgui -gtwin), e.g. call c:\hmg.3.4.4\build.bat hello.prg and in the .prg file I had declared REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT then according to this declaration the default driver was GT_WIN.
However, in hmg.3.6 this is not the case. The REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT command is ignored and I have to compile with /c enabled (%gtdrivers% is -gtwin -gtgui). Equally, the same .prg can be without the REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT declaration and compiled with the /c parameter, so why declare it? Yes, to make it work without the /c parameter.
I would like it to be as before so that I don't have to remember that I have some prg. compile differently than the others just because I use the GT_WIN driver. HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT is declared so this should work and it shouldn't matter which GT drivers are in order.
gfilatov

Post by gfilatov »

edk wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:46 am
gfilatov wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:13 pm Hi Edward,

build.bat hello.prg
Hi Grigory, but it's not quite OK.
Maybe I didn't explain exactly what I mean.
In previous versions of HMG, although I called the build without the /c parameter (%gtdrivers% is -gtgui -gtwin), e.g. call c:\hmg.3.4.4\build.bat hello.prg and in the .prg file I had declared REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT then according to this declaration the default driver was GT_WIN.
However, in hmg.3.6 this is not the case. The REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT command is ignored and I have to compile with /c enabled (%gtdrivers% is -gtwin -gtgui). Equally, the same .prg can be without the REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT declaration and compiled with the /c parameter, so why declare it? Yes, to make it work without the /c parameter.
I would like it to be as before so that I don't have to remember that I have some prg. compile differently than the others just because I use the GT_WIN driver. HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT is declared so this should work and it shouldn't matter which GT drivers are in order.
Hi,

I understand your point of view.
But I guess that it is impossible after the following Harbour modification:
2023-01-15 11:17 UTC+0100 Przemyslaw Czerpak (druzus/at/poczta.onet.pl)
* src/rtl/hbgtcore.c
* changed the order of defualt GT initialization. Now GT specified by -gt*
hbmk2 option has higher priority then GT chosen by
request HB_GT_<name>_DEFAULT
It is a solution of the main Harbour developer :shock:
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein
edk

Post by edk »

gfilatov wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:07 am It is a solution of the main Harbour developer :shock:
Thanks Grigory for the explanations, indeed a change at the harbour level - I personally don't understand this change, but it's Przemek's decision.
vientopamperosur
DBs Used: DBF, SQLite, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL

Post by vientopamperosur »

Muchas gracias, la probaré y comentaré.
ROBROS
DBs Used: DBF

Post by ROBROS »

Rathinagiri wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:11 pm Please test with your existing projects.

If you are using IDE, please select to use IDE for 64 bits. Otherwise use the build64.bat file to build. Any discrepancy please report.
I downloaded and setup. For building a program I use IDE. But ide.exe is dated 26.03.2017 and is 32 bit. Where can I download 64 bit IDE?
TIA
Robert
ROBROS

Post by ROBROS »

I downloaded and setup. For building a program I use IDE. But ide.exe is dated 26.03.2017 and is 32 bit. Where can I download 64 bit IDE?
TIA
Robert
Now everything seems to be ok. When Choosing run in IDE I got a message "build.bat" not found and program terminated. When searching for build.* I found build64.bat. I renamed it to build.bat. Result: a new exe. Size of the old exe: 4389 kb, size of new exe:4637 kb
Attachments
bild.png
bild.png (927.53 KiB) Viewed 98094 times
Red2
DBs Used: Visual FoxPro, FoxPro

Post by Red2 »

Hi Robros,

That worked well for me too!
ROBROS

Post by ROBROS »

Thx for confirming. As you can see on my screenshot, the status line on ide was a bit confusing me.