My HMG Apps

Discuss anything else that does not suite other forums.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

sudip

My HMG Apps

Post by sudip »

Hi All,

Today I installed my 3rd HMG app in my client's computer (that means I already created 1st and 2nd HMG apps ;) ).
My client is very happy for the easy, smooth, intuitive user interface with speed and shophisticated printing :)
I am sure they will even discover more things later, eg, SQLite database, very easy setup etc. :)

BTW, have you seen Windows ver 1 or 2? I didn't :lol: A few days ago Bill Gates came to our country. He gave me this confidential tips ;) :mrgreen:

Thank you all very much for guiding me more than one year :D

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
swapan

Re: My HMG Apps

Post by swapan »

sudip wrote:Hi All,

Today I installed my 3rd HMG app in my client's computer (that means I already created 1st and 2nd HMG apps ;) ).
My client is very happy for the easy, smooth, intuitive user interface with speed and shophisticated printing :)
I am sure they will even discover more things later, eg, SQLite database, very easy setup etc. :)

BTW, have you seen Windows ver 1 or 2? I didn't :lol: A few days ago Bill Gates came to our country. He gave me this confidential tips ;) :mrgreen:

Thank you all very much for guiding me more than one year :D

With best regards.

Sudip
That's great Sudip!
Would like to see your this creation.....this will entyce me to seriously think to develop a software with HMG for real life.

Will you oblige me with a demo of your this latest development in HMG?
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

So great Sudip. Go ahead.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
sudip

Post by sudip »

Swapan, Rathi,

Thank you for your kind words. :)

If you like you may download one of my small apps from http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6MO1EU ... NTJh&hl=en
With best regards,
Sudip
swapan

Post by swapan »

sudip wrote:Swapan, Rathi,

Thank you for your kind words. :)

If you like you may download one of my small apps from http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6MO1EU ... NTJh&hl=en
Thanks a lot, Sudip! Your this application will entice me to go for a real-life application with HMG which could be used by others.

Will check and revert.............

[PS:There could be a delay in my feedback as my dad's going through some emergency treatment and I'm pre-occupied with that.]
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

I pray for the well being and quick recovery of Swapan's father.
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

Few words about infobill.

It is a nicely designed software utility automating sale bills and collection process. I am happy that you have implemented bill-wise payment details. Your database implementation is wonderful. :)

Now my comments:

1. I think you have hard-coded the name of the customer in the billing software (exe) itself, thereby exposed the name of the customer in public. Before distributing the software here, you might have changed to some "sample company" like that.

2. Database tables don't have foreign key constraints. The recent versions of SQLite have foreign key facility. This would avoid the orphan child records in child table and considerable reduction in coding to check for whether any transaction record is available for a customer before deleting his account.

3. Following reports can be taken using the existing data.
a. Age-wise analysis report: List out the bills pending for more than x days for any/all customer(s).
b. Customer Account: Details of a customer's transactions date-wise for a particular period.
c. Products sold: List of products sold (category-wise) during a particular period along with their quantity.
d. Collection Details: Total amount collected from customers during a particular period.
e. List of customers: with their addresses for any postal correspondence.

4. Date fields can have some default values.

These are just some of my thoughts on first use of your software. Probably more may come when I use/test extensively tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing Sudip.
sudip

Post by sudip »

Thanks a lot Rathi for taking time to check this half-done small app :D

Till now I got nothing from this app from my client ;) :lol: and finall billing will be very small (may be you can't imagine). But, the experience I gathered from this project can't be compared with the money I shall get from it :)

Entry part of this app has strong influence of one of my friend, named "Rathinagiri" :D

Yes, name and address of the firm is hard-coded. I sent the same URL to this forum, which I sent to my client for upgrade ;)

Sale Register report is created with help of Roberto's Report generator. All the other reports including Sale Bill and Challan printing - are fully hand coded with the knowledge I received from GridPrint and other discussins in this forum.

I didn't know, we can use foreign key constraint with SQLite. Can we use this with the SQLite library supplied with HMG3.0.34? Thank you very much. :D

Regarding reports, I added only 2 reports which my client wanted right now. The reports you mentioned, will be very helpful for negotiating with my client in near future ;) :lol:

Yes, I shall add default values for date fields. Right now I am implementing automatic balance and master records transfer facility from previous accounting year to next accounting year :)

I shall be very happy if I can share the source codes of this project with all of you, but unfortunately I can't do this right now :(

Thank you again and please send your thorough review to the forum.

Thank you Swapan. I wouuldn't send this app to the forum without your request and couldn't get such excellent review from Rathi :) Please tell me if you need any help regarding your father's illness, I shall rush to your house.
With best regards,
Sudip
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

I didn't know, we can use foreign key constraint with SQLite. Can we use this with the SQLite library supplied with HMG3.0.34? Thank you very much.
Yes. Definitely.

You can get more details from here.

http://www.sqlite.org/foreignkeys.html
sudip

Post by sudip »

Thanks a lot Rathi :) I am now reading SQLite documentation regarding Foreign Key from your reference.

I implemented referential integrity programatically within the app I shared (please try to delete a product, already included in a bill, or try to modify/delete a bill which has at least one part or full payment). But, database level data integrity is always a better choice. :)
With best regards,
Sudip