65th Great Victory Day!

Discuss anything else that does not suite other forums.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Alex Gustow

65th Great Victory Day!

Post by Alex Gustow »

Congratulations to all with VICTORY DAY in World War II !
(on European "war theater")
(May 8 - Victory in Europe Day, May 9 - Victory Day in ex-USSR countries: Russia, Ukraine, Georgia etc.)

(on European "war theater" - on Far East it was some later, September 2)

P.S. I hope - it was the last "world war"... but who knows
gfilatov

Re: 65th Great Victory Day!

Post by gfilatov »

Thanks, Alex!

It was a Great war and a Greatest Victory of the un-hitler coalition (Soviet Union, GB and USA) :!:
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein
JALMAG
DBs Used: DBF, MariaDB

Post by JALMAG »

Поздравляю Alex, это была великая победа
raumi75

Post by raumi75 »

I am not sure, if the war was so Great. My grandmother told me all kinds of terrible stories about it.

We can all be glad, history took that turn.
So in that way it is a day to celebrate and remember.

Let's hope mankind has learned.

Raumi
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

La peor tragedia de la humanidad fué la matanza, humillación y desculturación a los aborígenes de toda América que en total suman 80 millones de asesinatos a manos de nuestros amigos los "civilizados" europeos.
El 12 de Octubre es un gran día?

The worst human tragedy was the killing, humiliation and the Aboriginal deculturation America which total 80 million murders at the hands of our friends the "civilized" Europeans.
On 12 October is a big day?
Saludos, Fernando Chirico.
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

raumi75 wrote:I am not sure, if the war was so Great.
Yes, it was great tragedy for the whole world.
fchirico wrote:La peor tragedia de la humanidad fué la matanza, humillación y desculturación a los aborígenes de toda América que en total suman 80 millones de asesinatos a manos de nuestros amigos los "civilizados" europeos.
El 12 de Octubre es un gran día?

The worst human tragedy was the killing, humiliation and the Aboriginal deculturation America which total 80 million murders at the hands of our friends the "civilized" Europeans.
On 12 October is a big day?
I agree with you, Fernando ("civilization - this is a great benefit, and - often - a great harm")... But (excuse me for my ignorance) what is "12 October"?

Google Spain:
Estoy de acuerdo contigo, Fernando ("civilización - este es un gran beneficio, y - a menudo - un gran daño")... Pero (perdón por mi ignorancia) lo que es "12 de octubre"?
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

Alex Gustow wrote: I agree with you, Fernando ("civilization - this is a great benefit, and - often - a great harm")... But (excuse me for my ignorance) what is "12 October"?

Google Spain:
Estoy de acuerdo contigo, Fernando ("civilización - este es un gran beneficio, y - a menudo - un gran daño")... Pero (perdón por mi ignorancia) lo que es "12 de octubre"?
SPANISH:
El 12 de Octubre es el día en que Cristobal Colón descubre América. La humanidad hipócrita, decidió "festejar" ese día como "día de la raza" !.
¿ Qué raza, si la han asesinado toda?

ENGLISH:
October 12th is the day that Christopher Columbus discovered America. Hypocritical humanity, decided to "celebrate" that day as "day of the race"!.
What race, if they have killed all?

Alex, it´s all ok. Dont worry.
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

Alex Gustow wrote: I agree with you, Fernando ("civilization - this is a great benefit, and - often - a great harm")... But (excuse me for my ignorance) what is "12 October"?

Google Spain:
SPANISH:
El 12 de Octubre es el día en que Cristobal Colón descubre América. La humanidad hipócrita, decidió "festejar" ese día como "día de la raza" !.
¿ Qué raza, si la han asesinado toda?

ENGLISH:
October 12th is the day that Christopher Columbus discovered America. Hypocritical humanity, decided to "celebrate" that day as "day of the race"!.
What race, if they have killed all?

Alex, it´s all ok.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

I've had two near-war experiences in my life.

The first one was in 1978.

The origin was an old conflict with Chile about three little islands
called Picton Lennox and Nueva at south of Tierra del Fuego
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picton,_Lennox_and_Nueva).

Military holding the power at that moment believed that was a good idea to start a war with Chile for that.

I was in high school at that time. The authorities has the stupid idea of take us English classes to give us some kind of indoctrination courses whose main theme was to learn to hate Chile and tell us that we were the 'good' guys and the Chileans the bad ones.

I remember perfectly the sadness that such situation caused me, not only by the situation itself but the effect that this generated in some people, effectively changing their minds... more specifically, brainwashing them.

Fortunately the war did not happen due to the intervention of Pope John Paul II, but I've learned a sad lesson: The people's minds can be easily manipulated.

Military wanted their war yet and they got one in 1982. It was the Malvinas (Falklands) war.

The first memory of this coming to my mind, is the morning of April 2, 1982.
I got up early because I had to go to college. I've turned on the radio and all stations were the same: journalists euphoric because we invaded the Malvinas...

The rest is like a terrible nightmare... thousands people celebrating because we were going to go to war with one of the most powerful countries in the world... a general (our president at that time) giving triumphalist speeches... and a couple of months later... the end.

649 Argentine soldiers resulted dead during war, but more than 450 committed suicide from 1982 until now.

It's difficult to me to forget this, since many of them were born in the same year I.

My humble opinion about war is that (excepting some noble causes when it is inevitable) it only serves the purposes of a few powerful people trying to get more power. That's all.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

My humble opinion about war is that (excepting some noble causes
when it is inevitable) it only serves the the purposes of a few powerful people
trying to get more power. That's all.

Perfectly worded Roberto. Great.
East or West HMG is the Best.