IDE - Delete files

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

IDE - Delete files

Post by Pablo César »

In the HMG IDE at menu option Project/Delete File when we execute for DBFs, this deletes DBF but not DBT files. Which is letting a orfan file.
Screen2.png
Screen2.png (17.22 KiB) Viewed 4788 times
IMHO must also deletes same name with extension DBT or FPT or SMT.

Also when deletes fmg and any other file, should deletes to the recycle bin not remove phisically. In that way, there is a chance to recover it.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
quartz565

Re: IDE - Delete files

Post by quartz565 »

Γεια σου Παύλο!

I think that when we choose to delete a fmg or a dbf file from project this should simple be removed from project and not delete from the disk.
I don’t think that this is IDE’S job. :(
IDE also reads all fmg and dbf files located in the same folder with the project when we open it, without we have inserts then in the project! :!:
In my opinion they should change :?:
Best Regards,
Nikos.

Pablo César

IDE - Delete files

Post by Pablo César »

Γεια σου Νίκο! :)

Thanks for your interest in this subject !
quartz565 wrote:I think that when we choose to delete a fmg or a dbf file from project this should simple be removed from project and not delete from the disk.
I don’t think that this is IDE’S job.
Yes, you're right !
quartz565 wrote:IDE also reads all fmg and dbf files located in the same folder with the project when we open it, without we have inserts then in the project!
These files are listed just to give a chance to use it. But I think would be shown in different color just to know if it is in use or not.

Any way, you are right. IDE should not delete files, phisically I mean.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Hace mucho mucho comente esto, la particularidad del IDE de eliminar fisicamente los archivo "no" pudiendo ser recuperado ya que no queda alojado en la papelera o/u otra carpeta de recuperacion ya que el borrado es a bajo nivel por el lenguaje C en el que esta hecho en IDE,
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Pablo César

IDE - Delete files

Post by Pablo César »

Gracias Daniel, por tu interés en este asunto.
danielmaximiliano wrote:Hace mucho mucho comente esto, la particularidad del IDE de eliminar fisicamente los archivo "no" pudiendo ser recuperado
Si Daniel, tenés razón ! Este asunto es antiguo. Si bien recuerdo el principal defecto creo que fué corregido, que era al excluir PRGs y que hacia exclusion fisicamente. Pero ahora, cuando excluimos el PRG, está apenas removiendolo del archivo HBP, es decir, no lo remueve fisicamente.
Los FMGs tambien los está excluyendo (fisicamente me refiero) y no hay como recuperarlos.
Los PRGs, apenas los está removiendo de exibicion en el IDE. Por eso tiene la opcion de "Actualizar Ventana de Proyecto", que es justamente para recargar el listado de los archivos PRGs, FMGs, DBFs...

Lo que demandoo ahora es que el IDE al deletar archivos DBFs, no deje el archivo DBT (con el mismo nombre) o entonces mejor seria que el IDE, no borre NINGUN archivo, pues es como muchos colegas ya lo dijieron: esto no es función del IDE.

Me gustaría que el IDE lo quitase de exibicion apenas y no borrar el archivo. Pero si el IDE tuviera que deletar archivos, que lo hiciera pero atravéz de la papelera de reciclaje (que se pueda recuperar).

Feliz año nuevo !

Thanks Daniel for your interest in this matter.
danielmaximiliano wrote:At long long timne I made this same comment about this particularity of IDE remove physically files that can "not" be recovered
Yeah Daniel, you're right ! This matter is very old. If I recall in my mind, I flaw different kind of files and that was corrected. Which was to exclude PRGs (physically exclusion). But now, when we are excluding the PRGs, it just removes from HBP file, ie not physically removed.
FMGs also being excluded (physically I mean) and there is no way to recover it.
PRGs is just removing from the exhibition within the IDE. By this reason, there is an option to "Refresh Project Window", which is precisely to reload the list of files PRGs, FMGs, DBF...

What I demand now is IDE not leaving any DBT when excludes DBF or better say, do not deletes any files, as many colleagues already said: this is not function of IDE.

I would like to be done by taking off of exhibition at IDE and non erase the file. And if IDE still need to remove it phisically, I wish to be done by Recycle Bin.

Happy new year !
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

IDE - Delete files

Post by Pablo César »

I'm teaching HMG to my computer mentor. He does not speak English. In a short time it is already developing in GUI and uses a lot of IDE.

Regrettably, it was in the option of "Delete File" and erased a form that was so well done... :evil: (the form it was so pretty).

Him, like any of us, thought he'd just remove the file from the project and not delete the file.
The worst that IDE erases forever. This type of delete files function should leave for Windows Explorer or another deletion.
It is not up to the IDE to do this kind of thing...

If only IDE would erase files and put it available at RECYCLE it would be less serious.

UNFORTUNATE !! :x :x :x :x

Please dear Rathinagiri. Could you move this topic for HMG Bug Reports section, please ?
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

With priority high ... !

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
quartz565

Post by quartz565 »

serge_girard wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:54 pm With priority high ... !

Serge
+ 1000
Best Regards,
Nikos.

serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Can't be that hard to realise? Or am I wrong?
Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...