Help with old multiple menu

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

bobypoz

Post by bobypoz »

Hello,

I used this power menu in old clipper accounting applications. It was good for them because they had many clients they had to manage, so every client had their own folder, and by using this menu it was possible to easily setup entering clients data. You unrar attachment and by clicking menu.com, you enter the menu. In mainmenu you will see 10 to choose options. I used this particular menu for a company that used my application from 2005 till 2011. Each year has two options. You edit each option with insert button.

My question is does anyone have seen something similar made in HMG? I thing someone might find it useful.
Attachments
menu.rar
(348.42 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Pablo César

Re: Help with old multiple menu

Post by Pablo César »

I have no idea how it works your example. You have not mentioned how to start, which password...

I guess this C:\MiniGUI\SAMPLES\BASIC\MenuDBF is probably will give you an idea how to make it.
You will find at Minigui Extended samples.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

bobypoz wrote: I used this power menu in old clipper accounting applications. It was good for them because they had many clients they had to manage, so every client had their own folder, and by using this menu it was possible to easily setup entering clients data. You unrar attachment and by clicking menu.com, you enter the menu. In mainmenu you will see 10 to choose options. I used this particular menu for a company that used my application from 2005 till 2011. Each year has two options. You edit each option with insert button.

My question is does anyone have seen something similar made in HMG? I thing someone might find it useful.
This program not based on Clipper / HMG, but a "tool" based on OS, usable all with kind of software.

So, you can find much and much free utilities such kind in the i-net; for DOS or Windows; please ask to Google or any other search engine you prefer.

Useful ?

Personally, for me no :(

I prefer writing my software myself and I don't like such "ready to use" tools for programmers.

In other hand, HMG is capable to write any application can anyone can imagine
simply require a bit perspiration ;)

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
bobypoz

Post by bobypoz »

esgici wrote:
bobypoz wrote: I used this power menu in old clipper accounting applications. It was good for them because they had many clients they had to manage, so every client had their own folder, and by using this menu it was possible to easily setup entering clients data. You unrar attachment and by clicking menu.com, you enter the menu. In mainmenu you will see 10 to choose options. I used this particular menu for a company that used my application from 2005 till 2011. Each year has two options. You edit each option with insert button.

This program not based on Clipper / HMG, but a "tool" based on OS, usable all with kind of software.

So, you can find much and much free utilities such kind in the i-net; for DOS or Windows; please ask to Google or any other search engine you prefer.

Useful ?

Personally, for me no :(

I prefer writing my software myself and I don't like such "ready to use" tools for programmers.

In other hand, HMG is capable to write any application can anyone can imagine
simply require a bit perspiration ;)

Esgici,

I am young, so I do not have many applications that I made, but I also like using my own applications. But I need some help to get started. ;)

I just thought that someone might find this kind of software useful as an idea for creating something similar, not using it as it is.

Cheers.
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

bobypoz wrote: I am young, so I do not have many applications that I made, but I also like using my own applications.
OK Boby, you are exactly correct place;
yo are welcome to wonderful world of HMG :D
But I need some help to get started. ;)
HMG has
  • - a wonderful help / documentation system
    - tons of samples; every HMG user learned HMG by these samples;
Nobody can read (and fully understand) whole help system by a single step; this isn't a tutorial, simply a reference guide.
so, good starting point is examining HMG samples.

Although, help system has a "tutorial" section ( under "Basic" ) and a wonderful tutorial samples set (under samples\basic).

More, if you like, you may visit my humble blog and take a glance at to Quick Start and Tutorial pages.

And please don't hesitate asking anything to our forum; you will find here a big people who racing to be helpful :arrow:

Last edited by esgici on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

bobypoz wrote: I am young, so I do not have many applications that I made, but I also like using my own applications. But I need some help to get started. ;)

I just thought that someone might find this kind of software useful as an idea for creating something similar, not using it as it is.

Cheers.
Hi, I can not run the application since I have Windows 7 64bit not let it run 16-bit applications.
for a good help minimally need the prg to compile with harbor and turn it into 32bit applications with the addition of few instructions possible.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
andyglezl

Post by andyglezl »

Hola bobypoz
tampoco se ejecuta en Win 7 32b ...
Pero quizá este ejemplo te sirva para empezar, me base en la inf. de tu dbf.
Ejecuta la primera opcion del Grid
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello
not running on Win 7 32b ...
But maybe this example will serve to start, build upon the inf. your dbf.

Executes the first option of the Grid
MENU.rar
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Save as: Sample1.prg

Code: Select all

#include <hmg.ch>

Function Main()

USE MENU.DBF ALIAS Mnu
	DBGOTOP()

DEFINE WINDOW FORM_1 AT 0,0 WIDTH 500 HEIGHT 300 MAIN TITLE "DEFIN REPORT" 

@ 10,10 LABEL L1 VALUE "MENU" FONT "Verdana" SIZE 12
		@ 40,10 GRID Grid_Menu WIDTH 460 HEIGHT 200 HEADERS { "OPTIONS", "RUN", "COMLINE" } WIDTHS { 200, 100, 100 }  ;
				ON CHANGE nil ON DBLCLICK RunOpc( This.Value )

DO WHILE ! EOF()
			IF LEN( ALLTRIM( TITLE ) ) <> 0
				Form_1.Grid_Menu.AddItem( { TITLE, RUNFILE, COMLINE } )
			ENDIF
			SKIP
		ENDDO

END WINDOW
	CENTER WINDOW Form_1
	ACTIVATE WINDOW Form_1
Return Nil
FUNCTION RunOpc( cOpc )

cRun   :=	Form_1.Grid_Menu.cellEx( cOpc, 2 )
	cParam :=	Form_1.Grid_Menu.cellEx( cOpc, 3 )
	SHELLEXECUTE( 0, 'open', cRun, cParam, , 1 )

RETURN nil
Andrés González López
Desde Guadalajara, Jalisco. México.
Nascimento

Post by Nascimento »

How to make a menu using minigui and a dll created in own harbor / minigui?
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Oi Nascimento,

Você quer saber como fazer um menu e como criar uma dll usando o MiniGui versão Extended ?
Se for, está no fórum errado.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Nascimento

Post by Nascimento »

amigo pablo talvez nao entendi bem, mais deixa ver se lhe explico tem um exemplo que faz um menu dinamico a partir de um dbf , então queria saber se é possivel fazer o mesmo so que criando em um dll