ViewError - HMG building utility

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

Dank je Serge !

Is it working properly for you ?
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Re: ViewError

Post by serge_girard »

Pablo,

Will it be default in IDE or as an extra?

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

Hi Serge !

Thank you for your interest. :D
serge_girard wrote:Will it be default in IDE or as an extra?
This ViewError app is an optional tool, allowing to the users criteria for use of it or as be done in the past.

ViewError app now is posible to be installed by a variable in your enviroment setting
(something like as SET ViewError=<cPath>\ViewError.exe).

This is completely inofensive for you environment at your PC. By this procedure, gives conditions to ViewError working at any different folders of HMG installation be done from this procedures. Also will not be needed to be placed at HMG root. So you download/unpack and execute ViewError.exe at an your favorite folder for your HMG applications and the ViewError when executed will ask "Do you want to use ViewError when Building your HMG app ?" because it checks if is installed or not. Answering to "yes" it will make a SET in your enviroment (need to be rebooted to take effects).

Here in this topic you can find and access the newest version of Build.bat to be replace at you HMG root folder

I will need to make an option at "Preferences <F10>" to UnInstall and give to the user to use the old way. It's just something similar like to make this: SET ViewError= to delete the environment variable. It's simple like that ! :)

ViewError if for both usage at IDE or Build.bat (line commands) when compiling errors and will be posible in the future to re-edict the source code instantly when the user desired and by GRID or favorite user's source editor. ;)
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Thanks Pablo, it sound great!

Serge
Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

serge_girard wrote:Thanks Pablo, it sound great !
Thank you Serge. Tell me if you have installed and please comment it ! :)

Pablo César wrote:I will need to make an option at "Preferences <F10>" to UnInstall and give to the user to use the old way. It's just something similar like to make this: SET ViewError= to delete the environment variable. It's simple like that ! :)
Done ! :D  
Screen1.png
Screen1.png (23.84 KiB) Viewed 4038 times

Note: Source codes and executable files were removed due there is a updated version more ahead for you downloading.

I hope you enjoy it ! :D

Last edited by Pablo César on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Pablo,

I installed and trief ViewError:

1 - First run forces me to choose some log file
2 - I cannot select/add my fav Editor; in fact there is not a single EXE I can select from the GETFILE
3 - Indentation is missing from source PRG
4 - Resizing is missing (for me)
5 - Make "Source font" (now Arial ) selectable

I get compile errors on line 118 (DEFINE WINDOW Form_1 TITLE "ViewError - Version 1.5" ICON NIL MAIN NOSIZE NOSYSMENU ON INTERACTIVECLOSE {|| CheckSave() })

I use HMG331

Serge
Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

Hi Serge,

Thank you for have installed ViewError app and for your opinions too. :)
Please let me understand better your reason and explain a little more the offered options in the app for hereunder by your demmands:
1 - First run forces me to choose some log file
The main reason to use this app it's just to view error during compiling.
So, I think it is essential that the error file must be informed to be able to view it.
Sorry, but I see that only reason to go ahead with the app execution without the error file (Error.log), is to access only the "Preferences <F10>" option. I'm in doubt. Please, let me know your reasons.
2 - I cannot select/add my fav Editor; in fact there is not a single EXE I can select from the GETFILE
It's no so necessary to define any source editor if you have not one defined. This is optional, when we wish to use our source code favorite editor. Most of us (I think) use Notepad++ and normally we make normal installation and when we do that, this source code editor turn on the default openner for .prg files in your system. If no one have been installed, please disregard this option. In other hand, if you have another source code editor than Notepad++ which you have been used you choose it for edition in this app. But please check if your favorite editor has a resource to locate to a specific line by parameter defined. This specific parameter will allow you to open the editor just at a specific line number.
If you found difficulties to select any source editor, see this picture below:
  • Screen1.png
    Screen1.png (40.71 KiB) Viewed 4406 times
Do you think this selectable type of item should not exist ?
I confess I like Notepad++ a lot and maybe I push it much by this side. But it's by following reasons: it's freeware, nice resources and mainly by it has the option goto line when open file.
Please let me know your suggestion, if we cut this may let easier for user or it's ok like this ?
3 - Indentation is missing from source PRG
I think the main propose of GRID in this ViewError is to display the line, even at prompt command.
But there is an inconvenient for GRID at first column, please read this in HMGDoc:
  • Screen3.png
    Screen3.png (36.15 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
I did not removed any spaces/tab (empty characters) at left of text. :?
4 - Resizing is missing (for me)
ViewError window size is maximum because the idea is to display much as posible of source given compiling error.
Allowing resize window, could give us more difficulties specially when be necessary to re-edit the source code by GRID.
5 - Make "Source font" (now Arial ) selectable
Now I'm concerned for source editions at next step, probably, I do not know, fonts could be changeable.
I get compile errors on line 118 (DEFINE WINDOW Form_1 TITLE "ViewError - Version 1.5" ICON NIL MAIN NOSIZE NOSYSMENU ON INTERACTIVECLOSE {|| CheckSave() })

I use HMG331
You have tried to compile with 3.3.1 and this app is been compiled with 3.4.0 because this:
  • Screen2.png
    Screen2.png (25.32 KiB) Viewed 4406 times
Since last this release (3.4.0), it's optional: COL, ROW, WIDTH and HEIGHT when we DEFINE WINDOW.
Please check it around. <Click here for further information> In HMG older versions to define COL, ROW, WIDTH and HEIGHT are compulsory.

I really appreciate to you Serge to you submit your questions and comments, because with this we can get better results.

So please be free to make your suggestions and be kind to explain your reasons. :)
Your source code with modifications, I also accepted with enthusiasm, please everybody be free.
All help is very good welcome.

Thanks for your attention,

My kind regards,
Last edited by Pablo César on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Pablo,

Thanks for the explanation, now it is working!

Serge
Pablo César

vViewError

Post by Pablo César »

You're welcome Serge !

Good to know you're using but if you have different opinion as I have expressed, please help us to explain us your point of view.

Now I'm going to donate blood, but the afternoon return hope to get the next step: use the favorite editor.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

Getting improvings...
  1. Top Most for main form
  2. Now not need Grid for displaying when favorite source editor have been choosen
  3. Resized main form occupying IDE area and letting source editor below of it.
  4. New parameters from Build.bat (HMG root folder, Path and hbp file name and 32/64 bits) for re-building option.
  5. Installer bug fixed
If you have already ViewError.exe got installed before, you do not need to Uninstall/Install it. You need only to replace ViewError.exe file where have been installed previously.

Important:
  • Please check if you need to updated your Build.bat located at HMG root folder in case you want to work with ViewError and working with the newest Build.bat version.
  • Source codes and executable files were removed due there is a updated version more ahead for you downloading.
Please tell me something if you have enjoyed it :D
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein