phone book

HMG Samples and Enhancements

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

phone book

Post by Pablo César »

Thanks Dragan again for your corrections.

Please accept some ideas for your evaluation, like these:

- Include a searching routine, probably one extra button and making the searching in the textboxes according: name, phone number or address.
- Let it able for network use too with open shared mode and net treatments (lock, unlock records).
- Do not move pointer at grid when have been editing records. Remain at same record.
- When is being deleted a record, needed to be a refresh in MD_Grid_2
- Make selectable item for deleting option. Also allow to delete records by alphabetical initial character (by MD_Grid_1 item).
- Print list option or export to xls file (useful for mailing merge system)
- Add some personal extra data, like as: city, country, zip, e-mail, social network (like FaceBook address, very useful for these days), date of birth (optional), remarks/observations, possibility to add other phones numbers in the same person/company

MD_Grid_1 I would replace it by a ListBox or Tree. Also I suggest to replace TextBox mGrupa for an ComboSearchBox with add option on it (it make easier for input).

Please considere as suggestions, not as criticism. We like to improving ever and ever...
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Re: phone book

Post by dragancesu »

Thanks for the suggestions

I wanted to make a simple program with some data and avoid seeking, but wherever I clearly asked for the option and the ability to print, this follows
Data in the clipboard is simple and I'll do it, and add data fields
I just wanted to do something different and practice the use of grid (I like to browse)

Soon a new version

Regards to all
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

dragancesu wrote:Thanks for the suggestions
You are welcome ! :)
dragancesu wrote:but wherever I clearly asked for the option and the ability to print
I remember when you have asked about "how to put a table in the clipboard" in this topic. But I never know that your intentions are to use this copy of data in table format for printing... (tell me if I missunderstood).

IMHO this is not the right way for printing also is not the right way to transfer from one database to other neither.

Imagine that all data from GRID could be stored into an multi directional ARRAY (n columns per n lines). You can process this GRID data into printer server or into a file text or metafile too. You can do it direct reading each cell of GRID or you can pass all data in cell of GRID into an ARRAY and then you process it for printing. You can see some examples in SAMPLES folder at:

C:\hmg.3.3.1\SAMPLES\HFCL\GridPrint\Main.Prg
C:\hmg.3.3.1\SAMPLES\HFCL\GridPrintArray\Main.Prg
C:\hmg.3.3.1\SAMPLES\HFCL\GridPrintPreFormat\Main.Prg

For copying data to clipboard as a table, as MR. Marek had indicated to you in this message and I also did to you in this one, are totally correct. Probably you have not tested correctly my TableMaker. Download it again and test (I have upgraded here).
dragancesu wrote:Data in the clipboard is simple and I'll do it, and add data fields
After re-downloaded, execute it, filling up cells and generate table and will also see there is chr(9) in clipboard.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Tranks Dragancesu!

Regards
dragancesu

Post by dragancesu »

eh the Google Translate, it's made a mess

Pablo wrote
Print option list or export to xls file (useful for mailing merge system)

and I'll continue to do, report and transfer to the clipboard, I think the easiest and best data transfer through windows clipboard

I use google translator but sometimes the translation is not in the spirit of the language

p.s. when two strangers tell jokes, translator sweetest smiles
Pablo César

phone book

Post by Pablo César »

Hi Dragan !

Yes I wrote that, what I tried to mean is:

When companies needs to post many letters with quite same contain but different addresses. Then you can use the Word of Microsoft Office (for example). You make a master letter and insert variables like as: Client_Name, Client_Address, so on... the you prepare another file containing all these fields. In the Word, you MIX data with the master letter. This is what I tried to refer with my "mailing merge system".
I'll continue to do, report and transfer to the clipboard, I think the easiest and best data transfer through windows clipboard
But why ? Why do you need to do this ? May you explain what is your goal in that ?
I use google translator but sometimes the translation is not in the spirit of the language
You see ? Even trying to write in the proper English, can also be turn on to missunderstanding... :(

If you are not clear what you are needing, will be very difficult to understand you. Some time few words need objetive and proper words. Otherwise, you will need to explain with many many words.

Dragan, have you tested my TableMaker :?: (Please tell me what have you understood all about I said)
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
dragancesu

Post by dragancesu »

I looked at the table maker, creates a table in html format. I do not know why this should I use?

I made a small program, but I sent the wrong comment and this is going the right way. I will continue some other time, now I have another problem

Greeting
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

dragancesu wrote:I looked at the table maker, creates a table in html format. I do not know why this should I use?
I have indicated this example just because you said:
dragancesu wrote:Question: how to put a table (or part) to the clipboard, in larger systems, it is the simplest way to transfer data from a table in Excel (for example)
And this TableMaker, if you run up will see it has placed to clipboard as for Excel (table format) into the memory :mrgreen:
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein