FMG Editor

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

HMG FMG Editor

Post by Pablo César »

I'm providing new releases as I can recognize each component.

Now it is recognizing the "DEFINE MAIN MENU", attached is an example (main.fmg). You can also test your available fmg having MAIN MENU and confirm if it is working. But this fmg file must be done by IDE, not re-edited with editor.

If anyone else is qualified to help me, will be very good welcome. We would have to combine what each component is doing, so to avoid duplication between you and me of work.

These are the next items:

"DEFINE TOOLBAR"
"DEFINE CONTEXT MENU"
"DEFINE STATUSBAR"
"NOTIFY DEFINE MENU"
"DROPDOWN DEFINE MENU"

The next one is going to do the ToolBar.

<Files attached was removed. Please see last message with updated files.>
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Javier Tovar

Re: HMG FMG Editor

Post by Javier Tovar »

Hola Pablo Cesar,

Sigue faltando en tu aplicación:

Code: Select all

Function cFilePath( cPathMask )
Local cPath

hb_FNameSplit( cPathMask, @cPath )
Return HB_ULeft( cPath, HMG_Len( cPath ) - 1 )
Saludos
Pablo César

HMG FMG Editor

Post by Pablo César »

I believe when this app be finished, could helps a lot to also create based in this for GUI debugging... because all components are being recognized and could be execute in separated... :P I think so...
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

HMG FMG Editor

Post by Pablo César »

Javier Tovar wrote:Sigue faltando en tu aplicación:

Code: Select all

Function cFilePath( cPathMask )
Local cPath

hb_FNameSplit( cPathMask, @cPath )
Return HB_ULeft( cPath, HMG_Len( cPath ) - 1 )
Yes thank you to advise. But you should assume to include in your prg for compiling. When I send prg is missing because this function I have already in h_controlmisc.prg and for the next release I believe will be part of it too. :)
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

OK entiendo, tu ya la incluiste en tu h_controlmisc.prg de HMG, y por eso ya no es necesario que la pongas! :D :D :D

Gracias por la aclaración.

Saludos
Pablo César

HMG FMG Editor

Post by Pablo César »

Rathinagiri wrote:It will be great Pablo. All the features you have listed here, if achieved, will bring HMG to a new height.
Thanks Rathi for your kind of words, very stimulating. But I do not know if I took the right way, because this app it is reading fmg files thru strings... and even knowing our IDE generates fmg files in a standardized manner but you know... strings uses not be exact for providing fixed informations... :roll:
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

HMG FMG Editor

Post by Pablo César »

I am founding much problems regarding components recognizing and loading of each.

At begining, I tried to load fmg thru LOAD WINDOW AS... but for this is needing to include at compiling the name of fmg file. Which it be unfeasible, because this fmg file name should be variable. So I tried to put a fictician name and at runtime is being copy the fmg to this fixed name of file, but does not worked.

So then I decided, to read the fmg file line by line, component by component and its propierties. Hard work ? Yes, because must be one by one component and its characteristics but this is not the main problem that I only found.

In my try, I got to identify and display on screen the TOOLBARs and its BUTTONs. Upto here, I got it but when is DROPDOWN BUTTON becomes a terrible error saying the need before declaration of DROPDOWN MENU of that BUTTON... I am upset :oops: :evil:

I am feeling that I am in wrong way... the better situation is to get LOAD any fmg file, then it will be easier and more safe.

Any help form yours ?? :roll:

I will not give up like this ... If only for last I put a common button then will change after the creation of DROPDOWN MENU which is previously aclaiming for that BUTTON. :twisted: :mrgreen:

I am going to sleep...

<Files attached was removed. Please see last message with updated files.>
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

I want to stress two points here.

1. In a form editor, the developers are requiring an easy solution for placing, naming, sizing and aligning the controls. IMHO, menus, toolbars, contextmenus need not be shown in the preview itself. They can be covered using other methods. Please see the image below:

2. Developers using .fmg are not going to open .fmg in text format and modify them. So, IMHO, the fmg files need not be human readable. In other words, you can use internal function calls like _hmg_sysdata[] which can be easy to manage.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
mol

Post by mol »

Load window as.. is not possible in my opinion. It works like #include directive. It needs whole code while compilation time.
The only way is to read file line by line.
With toolbars and buttons - We can simulate them on screen with images, maybe it's good way?
Pablo César

HMG FMG Editor

Post by Pablo César »

mol wrote:Load window as.. is not possible in my opinion. It works like #include directive. It needs whole code while compilation time.
But I would like to know, how IDE make with this... :?:
The only way is to read file line by line.
Probably there is a way to redefine a fixed file one with its contents... :?:
With toolbars and buttons - We can simulate them on screen with images, maybe it's good way?
I think about it... but will be not the same...

Another way for this case is to declare as normal button and probably there is a way to redefine when DROPDOWN MENU is being declared... :roll:

Yhank you Marek for your response. Keeping informed.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein