MIXED GUI-CONSOLE APPLICATION HELP

HMG Samples and Enhancements

Moderator: Rathinagiri

manoj_duamzn

MIXED GUI-CONSOLE APPLICATION HELP

Post by manoj_duamzn »

I want to convert a big clipper console application to MIXED GUI CONSOLE application partly. First I want to show GUI Menu. On clicking menu option open console windows and run console procedure with full screen and exit from this it should go to GUI main menu window. Tell me for Harbour only not XHARBOUR

Kindly help me. I am fresher with HARBOUR
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: MIXED GUI-CONSOLE APPLICATION HELP

Post by esgici »

manoj_duamzn wrote:I want to convert a big clipper console application to MIXED GUI CONSOLE application partly. First I want to show GUI Menu. On clicking menu option open console windows and run console procedure with full screen and exit from this it should go to GUI main menu window. Tell me for Harbour only not XHARBOUR

Kindly help me. I am fresher with HARBOUR
Hi Manoj ( if your name is that )

Welcome aboard :)

Until experts come and help you, here you will find a little hint for building console application via HMG.

Not programming details, but only about building process.

I hope it will give you some idea :idea:

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
mol

Post by mol »

When you build mixed mode app, console open first. So it will be difficult to realize your idea, I think.
IMATECH

Post by IMATECH »

Hi Mano !

Try to start with this link:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2356

Regards
M., Ronaldo

By: IMATECH

Imation Tecnologia
esgici

Post by esgici »

Hola Ronaldo
IMATECH wrote:...Try to start with this link:...
Thanks for the reminder :)

Viva HMG :D
manoj_duamzn

Post by manoj_duamzn »

First of All thanks to all

As per your guide line I started to make a mixed GUI-CONSOLE test application. In which I started application with a GUI Testing Window in which when I click on Create a New Firm option I want to start console window procedure. It runs but it is minimized when I open minimized console window and give input and I want to return GUI main window. It goes but it does not change screen. I want that when I click option It activate console window & hide GUI Window and when it returns from console windows Display GUI Window. which is not working. I compile this as

call c:\hmg.3.0.22\build.bat /CI TEST.PRG COMPADD.PRG

I am attaching both prgs

Please Help
Attachments
TEST.rar
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
esgici

Post by esgici »

Hi Manoj
manoj_duamzn wrote: As per your guide line I started to make a mixed GUI-CONSOLE test application. In which I started application with a GUI Testing Window in which when I click on Create a New Firm option I want to start console window procedure. It runs but it is minimized when I open minimized console window and give input and I want to return GUI main window. It goes but it does not change screen. I want that when I click option It activate console window & hide GUI Window and when it returns from console windows Display GUI Window. which is not working. I compile this as
Are you sure that mixed-mode is a good way for both learning and project development :?

esgici

Post by esgici »

manoj_duamzn wrote: ...I am attaching both prgs
Please Help
Hi Manoj

Here slightly modified version of your test project :
Screenshoot of ManoTest project
Screenshoot of ManoTest project
ManoTest.jpg (26.87 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
ManoTest.zip
Source ( .hbp, .prg ) of ManoTest Project
(970 Bytes) Downloaded 392 times
Definitely you don't need neither Console /Mixed mode, terminal drivers nor low-level acrobatics;

GUI always better than CUI, not only by appearance, by programming efforts too :arrow:

And HMG is wonderful 8-)

Last edited by esgici on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoj_duamzn

Post by manoj_duamzn »

First of all I am very thankful to you for that you have read my code and give me a good example and I also agree to you for that GUI is better than CUI. But I have to convert my old big clipper application option to option into GUI because my application is very big and I want to present in market immediately because there are very competetion in market and I want to show in market that I am working to convert it into GUI and it's also give me self confidence.

So in starting please help me for mixed application. Later target is fully GUI.
esgici

Post by esgici »

manoj_duamzn wrote:... I have to convert my old big clipper application option to option into GUI because my application is very big and I want to present in market immediately because there are very competetion in market and I want to show in market that I am working to convert it into GUI and it's also give me self confidence.

So in starting please help me for mixed application. Later target is fully GUI.
Sorry, but I should to repeat :

The better way is not continue ( even partially as you want to realize ) to old ways for converting old applications;

better way is "burn the ships" and directly begin to the ultimate way ( no matter how big your project ); :arrow:

only requirement is a bit patience ;)

And please don't hesitate asking anything; while we know the answer, we will happy to help.

Moreover, you can communicate with me directly.

Viva HMG and HMG friendship :D