I wish to post and participate in HMG Forum

New members who wish to post and participate in HMG Forum, please introduce yourselves in this forum by starting a new thread.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

santyramirez

I wish to post and participate in HMG Forum

Post by santyramirez »

Greetings from the Philippines. I'm Santy Ramirez, previously been programming in Clipper and it was a very good and memorable days. I just discovered Harbour and HMG yesterday and I was very thrilled and excited to do programming work again in Clipper. I guess everyone here knows the feeling. I started on my work last night. Added 80 prg on my first HMG work. However, I came across some problem like I use NanFor, Grump, Funcky, Sup3552 library. They are .lib and I can't find any converter to make them into a .a library. I actually find one but it is asking for both .lib and .dll library to have it converted to .a ... Luckily I found the source code for the common function I use so I added it on my work. Except for Funcky library which I can't find the source code (but it is for changing font so it's only cosmetics and can be done later on). I got errors which I sorted out. One I can fix which is inkey2str which I mark for now and change to inkey ... lol... I was able to run but when it call ginkey it display the source so i change ginkey to inkey (lol)... Finally it is now working however I still have a problem... The scroll up and down on the right side I need to remove because it is scrolling down every now and then and I need to move up to see the program. Anyway, it is already 4am and I have been working for the last 6 hours so I decided to sleep. And once I wake up I see my account in HMG Forum had been activated. I'm sure, i'll find the solution here in the scroll up and down (I used REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT). Cheers everyone. Have a great day! Viva La Clipper! Gracias to all who had striving and working hard for this site. Thank you! Your work is highly appreciated!
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: I wish to post and participate in HMG Forum

Post by Rathinagiri »

Oh man! You are from good old days. :) Happy to see you here.

After Windows XP, command prompt is now in a DOS Window Box. We can't make a full screen command prompt with standard 25 x 80.

But don't worry.

Here you have HMG, the versatile GUI framework for clipper programs. Please go through the samples which come along with HMG distribution. You can get an idea for the conversion of your clipper projects into HMG projects. If you have any doubts please feel free to ask.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
jayadevu

Post by jayadevu »

Hi,

Welcome. Your message made me remember my own journey.

Regarding your scroll problem, you may 1st try to adjust the properties of the command box where your exe is launched. Right click->go to properties -> change layout to Width 80 and Height 25, that should solve your scroll problem.

You could also go into the font tab and increase the window size to 10 x 20 which will give you enough screen space.

Hope that helps,

Warm regards,

Jayadev
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thank you Jayadev.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
santyramirez

Post by santyramirez »

jayadevu wrote:Hi,

Welcome. Your message made me remember my own journey.

Regarding your scroll problem, you may 1st try to adjust the properties of the command box where your exe is launched. Right click->go to properties -> change layout to Width 80 and Height 25, that should solve your scroll problem.

You could also go into the font tab and increase the window size to 10 x 20 which will give you enough screen space.

Hope that helps,

Warm regards,

Jayadev
Thanks for the help Jayadev but it didn't work. The generated exe properties has only compatibility tab and no layout and other tabs like in command prompt. If I use a 80x25 command prompt to run the generated exe, it runs on it's own window and still has the scroll bar on the right.

Btw, I'm using XP. Even if I full screen the window, it is running on 80x50 (and not 80x25).
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Hello Santy,

Welcome aboard :D
I guess everyone here knows the feeling.
Me, exactly :!:
Added 80 prg on my first HMG work.
Wow ! You are very speedy :o
I came across some problem like I use NanFor, Grump, Funcky, Sup3552 library. They are .lib and I can't find any converter to make them into a .a library.
Don't worry ; almost all functions in these libraries included in Harbour; some as individual module, some as separate .a lib. For example, libhbct.a (ClpTools) libhbnf.a (nanfor), hbsix.a (six) lib, and so on.

For documentation, please look at wonderful work of our friend Giovanni :

http://www.elektrosoft.it/tutorials.asp

Here, there is two section :

Harbour Reference Guide

and

The Great Harbour Complete Functions List

By the way, Giovanni, thank you very much for re-publishing these greatest Harbour references :D

My humble suggestion is : If you decided to migrate form console ( text mode in DOS screen ) to GUI ( Graphical User Interface ) forgot all about you know to manage text screen. And if you have selected HMG as GUI library don't interest other graphical tools, working to learn multiple tool may be confusing.

Understanding differences between procedural ( DOS Style ) programming to "event driven" ( Windows style) is important. And my suggestion is : first step of migration is inspect one to one HMG samples; these are primary tools for learning both Windows / GUI programming and HMG.

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
santyramirez

Post by santyramirez »

Thanks for the references Esgici. I appreciate it. Btw Jayadevu your solution work. When I run the exe, I could right click the title bar and the layout screen is there. I was able to change 80x25 from 80x300 and apply to all succeeding windows. It work Perfect now! Thank you. Now everything is working fine. Only one problem left in the printing. I used some ascii on boxes which shows fine in the program but when I print, it is showing either ???? or AAAA instead of the box line. I think this is due to the fact that Windows doesn't recognize all the font of terminal font. I remember downloading Terminal.ttf and installing it on the printer driver should fix the issue but I haven't been able to do it successfully. Guess I have to change those boxes unless there is a way to have this ascii properly printed.

Again thank you very much for all your help. It's been only about 24 hours and I'm glad to say that my first program had been successfully migrated to HMG! Thanks again!!!
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Bienvenido Santy Ramirez

un saludo desde Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Translate Google.

Welcome Santy Ramirez

greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

hope to help you solve your problems
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
santyramirez

Post by santyramirez »

Thanks for the warm welcome Daniel! HMG is so cool :D It even have a debug mode :o Now it is easier to fix problems... :roll: If only I can make break work... I keep on pressing F9 but nothing is happening and when I press F5 it doesn't stop there. But still, I love this debug mode. Great help in tracing problem.
Leopoldo Blancas

Post by Leopoldo Blancas »

BIENVENIDO A BORDO... SANTY RAMIREZ

SALUDOS DESDE MEXICO
POLO
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WELCOME ABOARD ... RAMIREZ SANTY

GREETINGS FROM MEXICO
POLO