HMG4 event idea

Moderator: Rathinagiri

l3whmg

HMG4 event idea

Post by l3whmg »

Hello everyone, I would like to have your opinion on whether to add two events to the form.

The names could be: "OnBeforeShow" and "OnAfterShow".
These two events would be triggered immediately before and after the statement "oQTObject: Show ()" in window.prg.

The reasons for this request is: often, it is useful to fill in the fields after a processing or perform a procedure, etc.
Since the form is not yet completely loaded I get errors

Another example that comes to me is this: in the OnInit function of the main form, I have to open another form. Based on the result of this operation I have to figure out whether to continue or not. With Hmg4 I have problems, but using the assumed event OnAfterShow everything works fine.

What do you think about this idea?

Best regards.
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: HMG4 event idea

Post by Rathinagiri »

Hi Luigi,

Kindly create the code along with some samples to demonstrate the same. Definitely your suggestion will be useful to all.

Thanks.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

l3whmg wrote: ...
What do you think about this idea?
Hi Luigi

Good idea :idea:

Please continue :)

Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi guys,
Today it's not a good day..... I've written code but without good news :oops:

In fact, HMG4 have different core from HMG3: when you change a value inside OnInit event and other field depend by OnChange clause of this, with HMG3 you can receive error. with HMG4 no :D

I was hoping to find a way to see or do something immediately after the appearance of the form on the video, but without result. In according with documentation provided by QT, I created an event OnAfterShow, but I get the same result with the OnInit event. bAfterEvent first runs and then you see the form. In fact, putting a trivial MsgStop, I see the message first and then I see the form.

Anyway, this is a piece of code for windows.prg

Code: Select all

/*----------------------------------------------------------------------*/    //L3W
METHOD OnAfterShow( bValue ) CLASS WINDOW                                     //L3W
                                                                              //L3W
   IF ::lCreated                                                              //L3W
      IF PCOUNT() == 0                                                        //L3W
         RETURN ::bOnAfterShow                                                //L3W
      ELSEIF PCOUNT() == 1                                                    //L3W
         ::bOnAfterShow := bValue                                             //L3W
         IF .NOT. ::oQTObject:connect( QEvent_Show , {||EVAL( bValue ) } )    //L3W
            ::oQTObject:disconnect( QEvent_Show )                             //L3W
            IF .NOT. ::oQTObject:connect( QEvent_Show , {||EVAL( bValue ) } ) //L3W
               // Error                                                       //L3W
            ENDIF                                                             //L3W
         ENDIF                                                                //L3W
      ENDIF                                                                   //L3W
   ELSE                                                                       //L3W
      IF PCOUNT() == 0                                                        //L3W
         RETURN ::bOnAfterShow                                                //L3W
      ELSEIF pcount() == 1                                                    //L3W
         ::bOnAfterShow := bValue                                             //L3W
      ENDIF                                                                   //L3W
   ENDIF                                                                      //L3W
                                                                              //L3W
   RETURN NIL                                                                 //L3W
And this was translation command to use with DEFINE WINDOW

Code: Select all

#xcommand ONAFTERSHOW         <bvalue>  =>   :OnAfterShow         := <{bvalue}>
If someone have a better idea....

Best regards
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it