HMG & Report Manager

HMG Samples and Enhancements

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

HMG & Report Manager

Post by Rathinagiri »

Hi,

Today I had played with Report Manager and HMG.

I tested with dbf files and MySQL database tables with queries and found it very much useful. I think, report manager can be used as a superb report tool for HMG with various features. Basically it is an Open Source Tool.

I had first used the ReportMan.ocx as an activeX control and satisfied with the operations. But, we have to install the ReportMan.ocx in c:\windows\system32 directory with the command "regsvr32 Reportman.ocx"

Then, as suggested in the site, I had created libreportman.a with the help of impdef and dlltool utilities. I had created demo file for HMG and found it working. (I don't know why the program crashes when we cancel preview/print button. Otherwise it works nice. I am sure 'C' Gurus in the forum can easily solve this.)

Now, I attach a file called reportman.zip with this post.
reportman.zip
Report Manager Demo, Library files
(7.54 KiB) Downloaded 1069 times
It contains
- two demo programmes (demo.prg and demo_ocx.prg),
- one sample.rep (report config file for the report manager created using report designer GUI),
- one supmast.dbf (a sample dbf),
- two library files (libreportman.a - original library file, libreportman1.a - library to link Harbour function calling & C (I am afraid this is where I made a mistake!)),
- Sources for creating libreportman1.a

To install this excellent tool, do the following:

- Just download the designer, reportman.ocx in a whole bundle from Sourceforge.net site (18 MB) - It is worth downloading this. Don't worry!

- Run the setup file
- Copy the ReportMan.ocx stored in c:\program files\report manager to c:\windows\system32 folder and register the same using "regsvr32 Reportman.ocx"

- In DataSource definitions (controlpanel -> Datasources or controlpanel -> Administrative Tools->DataSources) add a datasource for dbf with the name of the connection string as 'dbf' and pointing the directory where supmast.dbf file is unzipped.

To test the tool, do the following:
- compile and run demo_ocx.prg.
- Another way is, copy libreportman.a and libreportman1.a attached with this zip in c:\hmg\lib folder and compile demo.prg by IDE after mentioning reportman;reportman1 in the additional library field.

If anything doesn't work, then I might have missed out something. Please tell me about your experience.

Some screen shots can be seen from here.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
fchirico

Re: HMG & Report Manager

Post by fchirico »

rathinagiri wrote:Hi,

rathinagiri:

Excellente!. I am eager to try it, but I have to wait until the weekend.
Thank you very much and then tell you.

Saludos, Fernando Chirico.
Vanguarda

Post by Vanguarda »

Hi friends,

Rathi, thanks for sharing your experienci with this tool.

I´ll test it too.

regards,
--
Paulo Sérgio Durço (Vanguarda)

http://hmglights.wordpress.com/
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

fchirico wrote:

rathinagiri:

Excellente!. I am eager to try it, but I have to wait until the weekend.
Thank you very much and then tell you.

This is right what it was looking for. I was proving the application and it really seems very good to me. It has much to investigate. It is going to me to be very useful. Thanks to really share it.

Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thanks a lot Fernando Chirico.
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hello Rathi,

Thanks a lot for this. I skipped this thread.

Report Manager is an excellent software. Again, as you told, I also faced the problem after returning from print preview.

Is the problem solved?

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

I tested with dbf files and MySQL database tables with queries and found it very much useful. I think, report manager can be used as a superb report tool for HMG with various features. Basically it is an Open Source Tool.

I had first used the ReportMan.ocx as an activeX control and satisfied with the operations. But, we have to install the ReportMan.ocx in c:\windows\system32 directory with the command "regsvr32 Reportman.ocx"

Then, as suggested in the site, I had created libreportman.a with the help of impdef and dlltool utilities. I had created demo file for HMG and found it working. (I don't know why the program crashes when we cancel preview/print button. Otherwise it works nice. I am sure 'C' Gurus in the forum can easily solve this.)

Now, I attach a file called reportman.zip with this post.
reportman.zip
It contains
- two demo programmes (demo.prg and demo_ocx.prg),
- one sample.rep (report config file for the report manager created using report designer GUI),
- one supmast.dbf (a sample dbf),
- two library files (libreportman.a - original library file, libreportman1.a - library to link Harbour function calling & C (I am afraid this is where I made a mistake!)),
- Sources for creating libreportman1.a

To install this excellent tool, do the following:

- Just download the designer, reportman.ocx in a whole bundle from Sourceforge.net site (18 MB) - It is worth downloading this. Don't worry!

- Run the setup file
- Copy the ReportMan.ocx stored in c:\program files\report manager to c:\windows\system32 folder and register the same using "regsvr32 Reportman.ocx"

- In DataSource definitions (controlpanel -> Datasources or controlpanel -> Administrative Tools->DataSources) add a datasource for dbf with the name of the connection string as 'dbf' and pointing the directory where supmast.dbf file is unzipped.

To test the tool, do the following:
- compile and run demo_ocx.prg.
- Another way is, copy libreportman.a and libreportman1.a attached with this zip in c:\hmg\lib folder and compile demo.prg by IDE after mentioning reportman;reportman1 in the additional library field.

If anything doesn't work, then I might have missed out something. Please tell me about your experience.

Some screen shots can be seen from here.
I've attempted to test the sample using 'demo.prg'.

If I've understood correctly, linking both libraries (reportman and reportman1) it should work WITHOUT installing anything else, since OCX is not required Is this correct? (It had not worked for me).

TIA.

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Roberto Lopez wrote: I've attempted to test the sample using 'demo.prg'.

If I've understood correctly, linking both libraries (reportman and reportman1) it should work WITHOUT installing anything else, since OCX is not required Is this correct? (It had not worked for me).
I've made a second test, downloading OCX only, copying to \windows\system32 and registering.

I've compiled demo_ocx in the usual way and it crashed at 'execute' event.

So, none of the examples had worked for me.

A little help please!

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

Yes Roberto.

Please use the demo_ocx.prg first. Had you defined the datasource in ODBC?
Whether you had done this?

Rathinagiri S.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri wrote:Yes Roberto.

Please use the demo_ocx.prg first. Had you defined the datasource in ODBC?
Whether you had done this?

Rathinagiri S.
No. For some reason I've believed that it is not mandatory.

I'll do it and try again.

Anyway, on the first test (linking libraries) windows tell me that reportman.ocx is missing while I've understood that linking libraries should make the ocx not required.

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)