Get data into Grid

HMG Samples and Enhancements

Moderator: Rathinagiri

drz

Re: Get data into Grid

Post by drz »

Thank's for very well documented instructions. It was really hard for me to change DOS environment and Windows. I had to change philosophy too ;)

Troubles I had was because I tried to use browse component as a grid, instead of using grid component. I also discovered :( that I can see form code, and also that I can modify this code in editor. Took me a while :(

Development is ongoing; now I have another funny thing happening:
1. I open a window (child) for customer management
2. I open another window for users management; also child; users management is implemented inside of grid.

When I switch control between this two windows I get an error stating there is no open work area for customers. In Lostfocus event I opened databease again and for customers this is working; alas this is not working for users. Funny thing is that customers database is closed when another window is activated. I lost almost whole day and still no solution. Heeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!! ;)
drz

Re: Get data into Grid

Post by drz »

Hi everyone!
At last! I went checking old clipper 87 code I was using for development. In modules I was using a function which was opening databases. So since 1994 i didn't wrote a USE clause at all. And of course I forgot to code like this:
SELECT 0 (this was forgotten)
USE database.....

So problem is solved. Thank's anyway.