Harbour Guide * NEW site *

Topic Specific Tutorials and Tips.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Zimbo

Harbour Guide * NEW site *

Post by Zimbo »

Hello everyone,

I am please to announce that I have today deployed my content management system (CMS) on the Harbour Guide website. This, I hope, will improve the appearance of the site as well as improve the navigation capability. I have also added some new features including "Search" and a "Blog". In time, I will be using this blog to publish articles that may be of interest to others and I will in the future enable users to register so that they can add their own comments to blog articles.

The site is not yet fully live! It will take me a few weeks to migrate all of the existing content to the new format after which I will decommission the old site. If you'd like to see what the new site looks like, please feel free to use this link:

http://www.harbour-guide.com/index.php

PLEASE NOTE. Some links on the site such as the "Home" button will default back to the old site. This will change once the old site is taken down.

Thanks all!

Zim
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Re: Harbour Guide * NEW site *

Post by serge_girard »

Very nice, Zim!

Thx, Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Looks nice. Thanks you for sharing.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
quartz565

Post by quartz565 »

Very useful Zim!!
Thank you !
Best Regards,
Nikos.

Zimbo

Post by Zimbo »

Thanks all for the kind comments. I have now completed the data migration and made the new site live. You may need to refresh your browser if you still see the old layout and if you have bookmarks to any specific pages, you will need to recreate these again as the site structure has completely changed. Sorry for any inconvenience!

I'll now be taking a couple of weeks "off" to concentrate on completing the next few chapters and I am probably going to post a few "Blog" articles; the first will deal with a small query someone sent via the contact form and the second and third article will be about arrays and a way the contents of an array can be saved and restored so that any values become re-usable every time you run a program - I have a couple of UDFs to do this and find them very useful in certain situations!

If anyone has suggestions or ideas for other blog articles, I'd be very interested to hear from you! The intention, as ever, is to share knowledge!

Thanks all!

Zim

www.harbour-guide.com
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Zimbo wrote:Thanks all for the kind comments. I have now completed the data migration and made the new site live. You may need to refresh your browser if you still see the old layout and if you have bookmarks to any specific pages, you will need to recreate these again as the site structure has completely changed. Sorry for any inconvenience!

I'll now be taking a couple of weeks "off" to concentrate on completing the next few chapters and I am probably going to post a few "Blog" articles; the first will deal with a small query someone sent via the contact form and the second and third article will be about arrays and a way the contents of an array can be saved and restored so that any values become re-usable every time you run a program - I have a couple of UDFs to do this and find them very useful in certain situations!

If anyone has suggestions or ideas for other blog articles, I'd be very interested to hear from you! The intention, as ever, is to share knowledge!
Thanks Zimbo,

for this very nice site and including my humble blog :oops:

I will wait eagerly Harbour commands and functions guides (especially hb_* functions) :arrow:

Viva Harbour and HMG :d
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D