How To Help Clipper & Foxpro Users Catch Harbour-HMG ASAP!

Topic Specific Tutorials and Tips.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Agil Abdullah

Re: How To Help Clipper & Foxpro Users Catch Harbour-HMG ASA

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Rathinagiri wrote:
By the way, the software looks just great! What does this software do? Link all the programs or what?
1) The software I've been developing is a Front Office system for Ads-agency namely Production House and Post-Ediiting-Films/Video. Their jobs are to provide final video to release as Ads to appear on TV.

2) This screenshoot illustrates how databases are designed to cover the system-information need, in brief and simple way.

3) How do I develop? To begin with, I collected so many available samples of source program within HMG.3.3.1 folder, togather with several source programs shared in this forum. Then make them all work togather by adapting my needs. Last but not least, my old source programs written in CLIPPER-52e also combined in this project.

4) This prototype apps, for the the time being, takes many images availabe in SAMPLES folder to make it ASAP (as soon as possible). The most important thing is: I have've done exercises everyday with: GRID-CONTROL, WINDOW-CONTROL, MENUS-CONTROL, ACTIVEX, BOSTAURUS, RICHEDIT, PRINT-SYSTEM, BARCODE.... Everything not available in my past programming experinces with COBOL-BASIC-DATABASES.

Thanks for your support and kind attention.

Regards
Attachments
Kemstudio03 Project 2014.jpg
Kemstudio03 Project 2014.jpg (317.09 KiB) Viewed 7020 times
Agil Abdullah Albatati (just call me Agil)
Programmer Never Surrender
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

dhaine_adp wrote:
Hi Agil,

Here's a tutorial for HMG written by Giovanni (HMG Forum Member):

http://www.elektrosoft.it/tutorials/hmg/hmg.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the best way to learn HMG is to write your code from it. HMG (Official at HMG Forum) and HMG Extended (http://www.hmgextended.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), which is fork out of HMG Official and both use Harbour Compiler. Both distribution contains samples from basic to advance. You can use those samples as basis to get started. You may also consider downloading the Harbour nightly build and browse the codes. The link is:
http://harbour.github.io/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The manuals at elektrosoft.

There are also other variants as well apart from HMG Official and HMG Extended like HwGUI (from which HMG Official has been forked out), ooHG and HBQt.

Basically there's 20% to 30% difference between Clipper code and HMG code. Those are the codes associated with events and control objects actions. The rest remains Clipper code except the control flow (logic).

I basically used the PRG format of form layout and sometimes used the FMG forms. I tucked them inside a zip file and expand to a temporary folder when the program starts and erased them when the program terminates. Well, I did that to hide it from curious end users who in one way or the other finds it amusing to mess with the program and always come-up with the famous innocent phrase, "I don't know, a while ago its working fine".

Good luck,

Danny
What you pointed out, I've done most of them. Except, I have no time to take a look at variant of Harbour, let say OOHG and HBQT.

Salam Hangat from Jakarta to Filipina.
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Esgici wrote:
Salam Abdullah

Your project has a perfect UI; congrats to your performance (again) such a short time :o 8-)

And a bigger congrats, if works all buttons ( in toolbar and sidebar ) :)

Please continue to work and notify us :)

Happy HMG'ing :D
1) Frankly speaking, I can learn fast in HMG programming because of you (and all friends in this forum) support. That's way, only within 3 weeks I managed to build my own project which is applicable in my office. Although in fact I retired as a programmer some 10years ago and just made a comeback as per September 2014.

2) Continue to notify? Well... this screenshoot illustrates how I modified RicheditBox.prg to look more interesting when it comes with my software/apps. It's not finished yet, but represented the whole of my imagination. :) I wish somebody could tell me to find free modules in HMG for :mini Calculator.

Salam Hangat from Jakarta
Syukron Katsir
Attachments
Kemstudio02 Project 2014.jpg
Kemstudio02 Project 2014.jpg (291.21 KiB) Viewed 7015 times
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Agil Abdullah wrote: 1) Frankly speaking, I can learn fast in HMG programming because of you (and all friends in this forum) support. That's way, only within 3 weeks I managed to build my own project which is applicable in my office. Although in fact I retired as a programmer some 10years ago and just made a comeback as per September 2014.
Very good !
2) Continue to notify? Well... this screenshoot illustrates how I modified RicheditBox.prg to look more interesting when it comes with my software/apps. It's not finished yet, but represented the whole of my imagination. :)
Very nice !
I wish somebody could tell me to find free modules in HMG for :mini Calculator.
With pleasure : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1159

Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Esgici wrote:

Quote:
I wish somebody could tell me to find free modules in HMG for :mini Calculator.

With pleasure : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oke thanks, I found it and It works well.

One more thing: Where to find the latest modules in Send+Receive Email for YahooMail, Google-Mail, etc?

May God bless you :)
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Agil Abdullah wrote:...
One more thing: Where to find the latest modules in Send+Receive Email for YahooMail, Google-Mail, etc?
This is one of most live and fresh subject of our forum and sadly is out of my interest area :(

Please use Search / Advanced Search features of forum

Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Esgici wrote:
This is one of most live and fresh subject of our forum and sadly is out of my interest area :(

Oke. I did download the module for Send-Receive-Email. I'll try and make it work with my apps-project.

Thanks... once moreeeeeeeeeeee :) :) :)
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Hola Agil,

Espero que esto te sirva:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3039&hilit=send+mail

El compañero y amigo DanielMaximiliano que pertenece en este foro, es el que tiene un buen ejemplo. :)

Saludos
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Agil Abdullah wrote:
Esgici wrote:

Oke. I did download the module for Send-Receive-Email. I'll try and make it work with my apps-project.

Thanks... once moreeeeeeeeeeee :) :) :)
Use this example...
InOutEmail.rar
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 388 times
I am improving the application
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

To: Javier Tovar & danielmaximiliano

I did download your attachments, but found the following error (see screenshoot):

I did :- copy from files your folder Includes into my HMG.3.3.1\include
- copy from files your folder Lib HMG.3.3.1 into my HMG.3.3.1\lib
- build : call c:\hmg.3.3.1\build.bat inoutemail.hbp
Then error found. I am using 32bit.

Pls tell me what's wrong with that.

Many thanks.
Attachments
Errorcompile.jpg
Errorcompile.jpg (168.01 KiB) Viewed 6945 times