HMG for Mac OS X

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

raumi75

HMG for Mac OS X

Post by raumi75 »

Hello,

does anybody have any experience with harbour on Mac OS X? I have tried to install the official binary, but could not get it to run. I am not sure, if it requires fink or darwinports and gave up after a while.

Does Mini Gui run on Mac OS native? Or does it run with X11 installed? Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks

Jan
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: HMG for Mac OS X

Post by esgici »

raumi75 wrote:Hello,

does anybody have any experience with harbour on Mac OS X? I have tried to install the official binary, but could not get it to run. I am not sure, if it requires fink or darwinports and gave up after a while.

Does Mini Gui run on Mac OS native? Or does it run with X11 installed? Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks

Jan
Hi Jan

Personally, I havn't any experience on Mac. AFAIK HMG is a Win32 library for Harbour compiler and doesn't usable any other platform. Surely, "simulated" OSs, such as xWindows are out of this restriction. In other hand, Harbour is a multi-platform compiler an regarding the main page of project, run under MS-DOS, MS-Windows (32,64) , Windows CE, Pocket PC, OS/2, GNU/Linux and Mac OSX.

Happy HMG'ing :)

Regards

--

esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
mbelgrano

Post by mbelgrano »

now on updated page of harbour
http://www.harbour-project.org/
you can see that support mac-os
raumi75

Post by raumi75 »

mbelgrano wrote:now on updated page of harbour
http://www.harbour-project.org/
you can see that support mac-os
Yes, I saw that and I downloaded the binary out of curiosity. I extracted the files, but could not even get it to compile my helloworld.prg

It probably needs some setup of gcc. I installed that with macports, but that did not help much, either. It is probably jetzt some environment variable that needs to be set. So I postet a question on the harbour-project mailing list, but got no reply. So I am wondering, if there is anybody out there, who actually uses the mac-os version of harbour...

By the way: I got my application to run under mac os 10.5. But I cheated. ;-) I installed wine.

Jan