FMG curiosity

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Czarny_Pijar

FMG curiosity

Post by Czarny_Pijar »

After browsing the examples in the c:\hmg\sampes I'm curious : where are gone all the *.FMG files? Are these examples made outside HMG?
fchirico

Re: FMG curiosity

Post by fchirico »

Czarny_Pijar wrote:After browsing the examples in the c:\hmg\sampes I'm curious : where are gone all the *.FMG files? Are these examples made outside HMG?
SPANISH:
No es necesario, ni imperioso que existan los FMG. Como lo muestran los ejemplos, tu puedes definir los formularios directamente en tu código. Yo personalmente programo de ese forma, diseño todo dentro del mismo PRG, no uso FMG. Me resulta mucho más administrable y fácil de ubicar los problemas, además mis proyectos se transforman muy pequeños ya que al no tener FMG son muchos menos los archivos.

ENGLISH:
It is not necessary or imperative to exist FMG. As the examples show, you can define the forms directly in your code. I personally program this way, all within the same design PRG not use FMG. I find it much more manageable and easier to locate problems, and my projects become very small as they are not FMG have far fewer files.
Saludos, Fernando Chirico.
Czarny_Pijar

Post by Czarny_Pijar »

fchirico wrote: SPANISH:
Me resulta mucho más administrable y fácil de ubicar los problemas, además mis proyectos se transforman muy pequeños ya que al no tener FMG son muchos menos los archivos.

ENGLISH:
I find it much more manageable and easier to locate problems, and my projects become very small as they are not FMG have far fewer files.
It is really hard to believe :)
Who cares today about 1 file (per 1 form)?
Who want to play select / paste / copy to move the code from the FMG to PRG files?
And finally, who want to break the paradigm of the visual design?
Splitting the logic from the design IMHO is the core of HMG, so I'm waiting for the better explanation. ;)
Edit ======================
It is enough for me when they'll say: It's no time for change these old-style demos , we are busy. 8-)
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

Czarny_Pijar wrote:
fchirico wrote: SPANISH:
Me resulta mucho más administrable y fácil de ubicar los problemas, además mis proyectos se transforman muy pequeños ya que al no tener FMG son muchos menos los archivos.

ENGLISH:
I find it much more manageable and easier to locate problems, and my projects become very small as they are not FMG have far fewer files.
It is really hard to believe :)
Who want to play select / paste / copy to move the code from the FMG to PRG files?
Splitting the logic from the design IMHO is the core of HMG, so I'm waiting for the better explanation. ;)
It is enough for me when they'll said: It's no time for change these old-style demos , we are busy. 8-)
SPANISH:
Para los que desarrollamos sistemas completos, no aplicacipones de 1 o 10 formularios, la administración de los mismos se hace incontrolable.
Por ejemplo una de mis aplicaciones ( y que aún falta desarrollar un 30% ) tiene 262 archivos, la mayoría son PRG, pero ningún FMG. Sería un caso contar unos 300 archivos más si trabajara con FMG.

La programación es un estilo, y cada uno adopta el que le resulta más cómodo. Simplemente eso.

Siento decepcionarte en mi explicación. :roll:

ENGLISH:
For those who develop complete systems, not aplicacipones of 1 or 10 forms, the administration of them is uncontrollable.
For example one of my applications (and yet to be developed to 30%) has 262 photos, most are PRG, but no FMG. It would have a case file about 300 more if you work with FMG.

Programming is a style, and each adopts that is most comfortable. Just that.

Sorry to disappoint in my explanation. :roll:
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

Czarny_Pijar wrote:
fchirico wrote:
Yo no hago nada de esto. Directamente escribo el código.

I do not do anything about it. Directly write the code.

Saludos/Regards !
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Czarny_Pijar wrote:After browsing the examples in the c:\hmg\sampes I'm curious : where are gone all the *.FMG files? Are these examples made outside HMG?
All the samples using .fmg files for windows definition are located at:

\samples\external.windows
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Czarny_Pijar

Post by Czarny_Pijar »

fchirico

Probably I've taken these files mistakenly for the guidance created for newbies, not professionals ;) , sorry.
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Czarny_Pijar wrote: It is really hard to believe :)
It is enough for me when they'll say: It's no time for change these old-style demos , we are busy. 8-)
Hi Czarny

Me too, I'm working same as Fernando.

First, this is a style and habit matter, everybody can select and use their own :)

Second, it isn't necessary one file per form ( in fact this is right for .fmg files ); in contrast, I have many window definition blocks in a single .prg file.

Also, isn't necessary always play select / paste / copy to move the code from the FMG to PRG files, you can write your own definition without visual design.

And, this isn't means "I'm never use .fmg"

All of this considerations don't means breaking the paradigm of the visual design; it's is only a possibility and facility, not obligation.

In other hand, the form design isn't the core of HMG; only one of many wonderful features, I think.

And finally, none of HMG samples is "old style"; if you analyze and trace carefully you will see that every sample will be change and adapt to new features when necessary.

Again, this is personal preference, no discussion necessary.

And you are welcome stable, reliable and having almost always more than one way to reaching targets world of HMG :D

Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

Czarny_Pijar wrote:fchirico

Probably I've taken these files mistakenly for the guidance created for newbies, not professionals ;) , sorry.
It´s all ok. All we are newbies. ;)
When I have more answers, more questions arise :lol: