Roberto Lopez wrote:
rathinagiri wrote:May be this is too much. However...
Since truecrypt is also open source, can that be compiled using mingw and probably have a bridge for harbour so that we can use it inside our HMG application?
It depends on what exactly want to do.
What do you have in mind?
Thanks for answering Roberto.
I want to handle this virtual disk through HMG application only. Instead of running truecrypt to open the HMG application, I want to have a single application to do both encryption and our HMG commands.
This would be very much helpful if we want to hide the data with password. (I think this too was asked by Sudip regarding whether we can have password locking for a SQLite database).
It will work like the following way:
1. We have one HMG application exe file (outside the encryption).
2. We have one truecrypted file (when mounted to a drive would give access to the dbf/SQLite file(s) required by our HMG application.
3. Our HMG application shall ask for password (through password textbox ofcourse
4. If correct password is given, truecrypt volume shall be mounted to a virtual drive and data can be accessed by our application. Otherwise, data can not be accessed at all.
5. Once our HMG application is over, (ie., main window is released) truecrypt volume gets dismounted.
Thereby, database is always encrypted.