Copy Protection Software

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

User avatar
sudip
Posts: 1446
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 am
Location: Kolkata, WB, India
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Copy Protection Software

Post by sudip »

Hi Grigory,
Thanks a lot :)
But, I got a different result. GetBiosName() function returns only Bios version, not the Bios date. It definitely returns Bios date but when 2 strings are added it shows only 1st string. But it works when I store Bios date first then Bios version :roll:

Code: Select all

Function GetBiosName()

   cName := "(" + RegistryRead( "HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\SystemBiosDate" ) + ") " ;
   	+ RegistryRead( "HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\SystemBiosVersion" )
   	
Return cName
I don't know the reason of this particular behavior :? ;)

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip

User avatar
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri wrote:May be this is too much. However...

Since truecrypt is also open source, can that be compiled using mingw and probably have a bridge for harbour so that we can use it inside our HMG application?
It depends on what exactly want to do.

What do you have in mind?
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto


(Veritas Filia Temporis)

User avatar
gfilatov
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Ukraine
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 352 times
Contact:

Post by gfilatov »

sudip wrote:Hi Grigory,
Thanks a lot :)
But, I got a different result. GetBiosName() function returns only Bios version, not the Bios date. It definitely returns Bios date but when 2 strings are added it shows only 1st string. But it works when I store Bios date first then Bios version :roll:

...
I don't know the reason of this particular behavior :? ;)
Hello Sudip,

Try the updated function :arrow:

Code: Select all

Function GetBiosName()

   cName := RegistryRead( "HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\SystemBiosVersion" ) + " (" + ;
      RegistryRead( "HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\SystemBiosDate" ) + ")"

Return strtran(cName, chr(0), "")
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein

User avatar
sudip
Posts: 1446
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 am
Location: Kolkata, WB, India
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Post by sudip »

Hello Grigory,

Thanks a lot :) It works :D

I should have thought that - null terminated string :oops:

Here is a small sample developed with your function
BiosRead.zip
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip

User avatar
Rathinagiri
Posts: 5304
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL
Location: Sivakasi, India
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 203 times
Contact:

Post by Rathinagiri »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
rathinagiri wrote:May be this is too much. However...

Since truecrypt is also open source, can that be compiled using mingw and probably have a bridge for harbour so that we can use it inside our HMG application?
It depends on what exactly want to do.

What do you have in mind?
Thanks for answering Roberto.

I want to handle this virtual disk through HMG application only. Instead of running truecrypt to open the HMG application, I want to have a single application to do both encryption and our HMG commands.

This would be very much helpful if we want to hide the data with password. (I think this too was asked by Sudip regarding whether we can have password locking for a SQLite database).

It will work like the following way:

1. We have one HMG application exe file (outside the encryption).
2. We have one truecrypted file (when mounted to a drive would give access to the dbf/SQLite file(s) required by our HMG application.
3. Our HMG application shall ask for password (through password textbox ofcourse ;))
4. If correct password is given, truecrypt volume shall be mounted to a virtual drive and data can be accessed by our application. Otherwise, data can not be accessed at all.
5. Once our HMG application is over, (ie., main window is released) truecrypt volume gets dismounted.

Thereby, database is always encrypted.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.

User avatar
sudip
Posts: 1446
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 am
Location: Kolkata, WB, India
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Post by sudip »

rathinagiri wrote: I want to handle this virtual disk through HMG application only. Instead of running truecrypt to open the HMG application, I want to have a single application to do both encryption and our HMG commands.

This would be very much helpful if we want to hide the data with password. (I think this too was asked by Sudip regarding whether we can have password locking for a SQLite database).

It will work like the following way:

1. We have one HMG application exe file (outside the encryption).
2. We have one truecrypted file (when mounted to a drive would give access to the dbf/SQLite file(s) required by our HMG application.
3. Our HMG application shall ask for password (through password textbox ofcourse ;))
4. If correct password is given, truecrypt volume shall be mounted to a virtual drive and data can be accessed by our application. Otherwise, data can not be accessed at all.
5. Once our HMG application is over, (ie., main window is released) truecrypt volume gets dismounted.

Thereby, database is always encrypted.
Yes, Rathi. Thanks a lot :) Great "friends" think alike ;)

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip

User avatar
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri wrote: I want to handle this virtual disk through HMG application only. Instead of running truecrypt to open the HMG application
<...>
TrueCrypt has a command-line interface, so, you could handle the encrypted volume via 'EXECUTE' command.

Please, take a look at that:

http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=command-line-usage
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto


(Veritas Filia Temporis)

User avatar
Rathinagiri
Posts: 5304
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL
Location: Sivakasi, India
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 203 times
Contact:

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thanks Roberto.

I will see to that.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.

User avatar
mol
Posts: 3363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:31 am
Location: Myszków, Poland
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 163 times
Contact:

Post by mol »

Using BiosName and BiosDate is fine.
But - what about computers from one production series?
I think, it should be added to identification key something else - like a date of windows installation, date of formatting harddisk?
Marek

User avatar
Rathinagiri
Posts: 5304
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL
Location: Sivakasi, India
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 203 times
Contact:

Post by Rathinagiri »

mol wrote:Using BiosName and BiosDate is fine.
But - what about computers from one production series?
I think, it should be added to identification key something else - like a date of windows installation, date of formatting harddisk?
Marek
What about MAC address?
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.

Post Reply