Re: HMG 3.4.4

Post by mol »

Never ending loop in my program :lol:
It's time for vacation :P
EduardoLuis

Post by EduardoLuis »

Hi Mol & friends:

About some topics you mention, like tree control with the chance of look like a grid, it's possible on other GUI libraries but surelly not with hmg.- I've seen that on BCG treectrl. The same happends with grids control that not only let's you manage multiline headers, multiline rows, merger rows, include graphics (like pie) on a specific group of cells, and much more.-
Although these full capabilities, for me grid control must be used as a small directory of database regs. For editing or performing a deep manage of data, a good screen with the apropiate controls works better and without the slow motion that happends when you use a big numbre of col (also under virtual grid that is the fastest control).-
Said this, some behaviour of BCG grid control can be emulated to look and work on that GUI.-
Another consideration you must take is that BCG is a GUI that runs under C++ (version 6 or more), and requieres deep knowledge of C++, which means beguin from zero.-
With regards.
Eduardo
mol

Post by mol »

I have no time to start from 0 :-D I'm 50thy :D:D:D
With big help of Edward I've realized my project with dragging items from tree to textboxes.
I can build multiline header for my MiniGrid control, which I was presented here two years Ago.
But, I think, multiline text headers are basic request and we should try to do it.
Few years ago Grigori Filatov prepared TsBrowse to be HMG usable. Maybe this control could be adopted to HMG to give us another choice to browse tables, dbf's etc.

But now, without any leader, our HMG will die :cry:
Anand
DBs Used: DBF

Post by Anand »

I think Grigory is doing good work of implementing latest features like 'Switcher' and also releasing updates periodically of HMG Extended version. Only difference I see is that HMG supports Unicode.

So we can request him to take HMG forward.

Regards,

Anand
Regards,

Anand

serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Good idea Anand !
Else we are lost....

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
apais

Post by apais »

There's another inconvenient...
HMG extended uses the obsolete Borland C compiler as default.
This kind of silly tiny differences and selfish postures is what's been killing our beloved xbase languaje.
Harbour compiler itself has been abandoned by the leaders. And nobody is willing to fork it, and develop it further.
Division, division, division... till death.
I know everyone has it's own reasons to act like they do.
But that won't avoid the extintion of the languaje.
A divided community is a dead one !
Just a bunch of individualitues.
And we are merely mortals.
Big corporations have won !
Angel Pais
Web Apps consultant/architect/developer.
HW_apache (webserver modules) co-developer.
HbTron (Html GUI for harbour desktop hybrid apps) co-developer.
https://www.hbtron.com
bpd2000

Post by bpd2000 »

apais wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:29 pm There's another inconvenient...
This kind of silly tiny differences and selfish postures is what's been killing our beloved xbase languaje.
Harbour compiler itself has been abandoned by the leaders. And nobody is willing to fork it, and develop it further.
+1
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
EduardoLuis

Post by EduardoLuis »

Hi Apais:

Sorry but your arguments ar too pesimist, so i can't agree with them.-
First, i don't think in this forums are divisions.-
If what you mean is the need of a "leader" or "comander" to continue growing HMG, i must remember you that Mr Rathinagiri is not only the moderator, he is today the voice, and as he said some time ago, is working on a new version (he ask all member about what they consider must be includes).- Although there are not regular upgrades, meanwhile our systems works with full stability.- I don't think corporations have win.-
Perhaps you are right about Borland, but if any app we develope runs well under XP to Win 10 (32 or 64 bit), Borland C compiler is really a vintage compiler ???????
Most of us becomes from languages like Clipper, CA Visual Object, or similar, languages that let developers create app that till works well.- These doesn't mean that we must rest.- In my case since last 3 years i invest lots of hours creating app that looks and works like newest Office or .NET app.- It's not easy but is possible.-
The effort and generosity of lots of members remains HMG alive.- This behaviour must ever been recognized.-
As is said more than one time in HMG the only limit is our imagination.- So i allways see the glass half full, never half empty or full empty.-
Please forgive me. It's just an opinion.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Anand

Post by Anand »

I think Ratnagiri Sir can give more insight of the status of our new HMG version, he was working on.

Regards,

Anand
Regards,

Anand

Leopoldo Blancas

Post by Leopoldo Blancas »

apais wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:29 pm There's another inconvenient...
+1
Yo acabo de entrar de nuevo al foro en más de un año de ausencia, las razones, no hay trabajo de Clipper-HMG y por eso me dedico a programar en otros lenguajes, nada especial solo lo necesario. Y doy clases y asesoria de Excel-VBA. Y un cliente me contrato para hacerle su aplicación de Clipper 5.2 a HMG y por eso ando de nuevo por aqui. Es triste ver que no es conocido HMG y no hay escuela que imparta este lenguaje, que bien se merece estar a la altura de los populares de hoy en día... y las razones no las se, pero como dice "apais" las divisiones son las que han matado a este hermoso lenguaje de programación. Yo aprendi lo básico de Clipper 5.2 en la Universidad y desde ahi le tome cariño... espero algun día que den HMG en alguna escuela, ese es uno de mis deseos.

I just entered the forum again in more than a year of absence, the reasons, there is no work of Clipper-HMG and that's why I dedicate myself to programming in other languages, nothing special only what is necessary. And I give classes and advice on Excel-VBA. And a client hired me to make his Clipper 5.2 application to HMG and that's why I'm here again. It is sad to see that HMG is not known and there is no school that teaches this language, which well deserves to be up to today's popular ... and the reasons do not know, but as it says "apais" the divisions they are the ones that have killed this beautiful programming language. I learned the basics of Clipper 5.2 in the University and from there I took care ... I hope someday that they give HMG in some school, that is one of my wishes.