HMG 3.4.0

HMG Unicode versions 3.1.x related

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

tonton2 wrote:
mol wrote:New IDE 1.08 ansi version does not stop on errors. It hangs up.
+1

Hi

during compilation the errors are not displayed and Unicode IDE becomes unstable
Hi man !

Please make download of this: viewtopic.php?p=39603#p39603 and replace the Build.bat in HMG root folder and see if working properly.

Make this and please tell us if it has worked.

Note: This message was re-edited to replace a newest URL for downloading.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
tonton2

Re: HMG 3.4.0

Post by tonton2 »

thank you Mr Pablo ,
it works very good and I am going to see what did you change in the builds
Au revoir
L'Algerie vous salut
Y.TABET
Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

tonton2 wrote:it works very good and I am going to see what did you change in the builds
Very nice to know now is working, Youcef ! :)

I guess this version of Build.bat it's was with a bug... :oops:

This Build.bat version, will work with optional ViewError app.
In case you want to make a test, you can execute ViewError.exe (here for download) then confirm install when the app ask "Do you want to use ViewError when Building your HMG app ?", reboot your PC just to make effect and compile any application with error and then you will see different visualization.

ViewError app it's not 100% finnished but is workable.

Try it and please comment ! :D

B.Rgds
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
tonton2

Post by tonton2 »

Pablo César wrote:
tonton2 wrote:it works very good and I am going to see what did you change in the builds
Very nice to know now is working, Youcef ! :)

I guess this version of Build.bat it's was with a bug... :oops:

This Build.bat version, will work with optional ViewError app.
In case you want to make a test, you can execute ViewError.exe (here for download) then confirm install when the app ask "Do you want to use ViewError when Building your HMG app ?", reboot your PC just to make effect and compile any application with error and then you will see different visualization.

ViewError app it's not 100% finnished but is workable.

Try it and please comment ! :D

B.Rgds
Merci beaucoup Mr PABLO pour cette aide, grâce à vous je vais élargir mes connaissances
L'Algerie vous salut
Y.TABET
mol

Post by mol »

I've tested new property - print to PDF directly.
Thera are some problems with it:
1. Baseline of printing to PDF is under character while common printing takes over characters.
2. National letters - how can we set codepage? (I'm still using ANSI 1250).

edited: SET HPDFDOC ENCODING TO "CP1250" after selecting printer works!

I'm attaching screenshots

First: generated via SELECT PRINTER PDF:

And traditionally printed to screen by SELECT PRINTER DEFAULT

PDF files generated in this way are very large comparing to PDFCreator files, eg. PDFCreator generates 17kB file while our pdf has 283kB size. It's 16,6 times bigger!
mol

Post by mol »

I've revised code in c:\HMG\SOURCE\HMG_HPDF.PRG and I added line 258

Code: Select all

nyPos -= nFontSize
and now, baseline of printout in normal printing and pdf creating is the same.
Source code should be changed, I think.
But, we must remember to change code everywhere, when pdf creating was used.
Levis

Post by Levis »

Hi everybody. I am from Poland and I have some knowledge and practice in xbase area (I've been using FoxPro in my company). I'm not very good programmer, but have some basic skills which helped me to write very simple, yet useful, 'accounting' program, helped me to be able to review, correct and/or enhance some programs which are used in the company I work for, and gave me ability to write tons of relatively small prgs for interacting with data collected in data files produced by software used in mentioned company.
I like Clipper, I see that it still exists under HMG project and I suffer from lack of good video tutorials in my native language. So I decided to do them by myself.
And the first problem occured. HMG Instalation files (exe) are spreaded among various places. On this forum I've found the link to HMG installation file version 3.4.0 and initially size of this file was about 84 MB. Later on size of this file was reduced to about 80 MB, and believe me, the link once pointed to the file, which contained very old version of HMG IDE environment. Magic.
I took a look on sourceforge and there is HMG 3.4.0 weighing 80.4 MB, ok, fine. I've installed it just a few minutes ago.
There is of course Project Browser -> Forms -> Main.Fmg. I'm clicking twice and form appears. Nice and intuitive.
There is also Project Browser ->Modules -> Main.Prg. I'm clicking twice and nothing happens. I did one additional thing - I associated Prg files with Notepad, and it didn't help.
I worked with older versions of HMG and Prg files were opened without any problem.
Did anyone encouter the same problem? Maybe there is an ultimate place with HMG IDE installation files about which I have no information?
Please help me :-) I want to contribute to HMG community doing tutorial videofiles but I'm stuck.
Last edited by Levis on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

Hi Levis,

Have you been welcome to our community and congratulations to encouraged to post your first message since a long time of your registration.
Levis wrote:There is also Project Browser ->Modules -> Main.Prg. I'm clicking twice and nothing happens. I did one additional thing - I associated Prg files with Notepad, and it didn't help.
Normally we indicate Notepad++, because is our most favorite source editor (I think :? ), because is free and very completed editor. So you need to have a least one source editor installed in your PC, by preference installed/registered in your Windows system. If you have installed your Notepad++ or any other favorite source editor, please not considere to install any editor.
Levis wrote:I worked with older versions of HMG and Prg files were opened without any problem.
So by this info, I guess you have already your favorite source editor be installed in your PC.

After be installed HMG 3.4.0 the next step is to call IDE.exe which is at C:\hmg.3.4.0\IDE folder, you can create your own shortcut at you desktop then you can click and open your IDE. So,m next step is to go to Tools menu item in Preferences, there you can set your Polish language and your favorite installed editor.

After all of these, you can start working... :D

Good lucky and please do not hesite to post your doubts and help to others ! :D
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Levis

Post by Levis »

Thank you very much for your help Pablo. It's almost obvious solution, I've been there (Tools/Preferences), seen Polish language setting and also "Module Editor", but there was given path like this: "C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll" so I was confused, because I thought "hmm, dll, don't mess with this setting, there must be some other option like "source code editor" and no dlls involved" :-D But it is indeed this very option responsible for source code editor selection :-) Why was initially "C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll" string in there? Really confusing :-) But, anyway, thanks for help, I can move forward a little bit :-)
Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

Levis wrote:...but there was given path like this: "C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll" so I was confused
:o Ohh this should not happen. Probably any bug at IDE in this matter and Dr. Claudio Soto certainly will revise it.

FYI, this should it work like this: viewtopic.php?p=34435#p34435

Please note, when is not found any source editor installed (associated at prg extension file), shoul it shown like this:

Look that in this image/example is no editor registered and also should indicate a URL for Notepad++ downloading too.
Notepad++ is a very good option for source editor and is Free Ware and open source (excellent editor).

Thank you Levis to report this bug.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein