HMG 3.3.1 (Stable)

HMG Unicode versions 3.1.x related

Moderator: Rathinagiri

EduardoLuis

Re: HMG 3.3.1 (Stable)

Post by EduardoLuis »

Hola Amigos:

A diferencia de Mario, comparto la forma de programación de Claudio.- En realidad el redactar manualmente cada instrucción, aunque no lo parezca, ahorra mucho más tiempo, que utilizar los FMG, especialmente cuando lo que uno está diseñando es complejas pantallas de ingreso / exhibición de datos.- Otro beneficio es que, al realizar el diseño en un único acto, las propiedades ya han sido establecidas conforme el personal criterio o necesidad del desarrollador.-
En mi caso, desarrollo sistemas con infinidad de controles gráficos en lugar de botones, lo que significa una delicada manipulación de las coordenadas de los pixels.- Esa exactitud no la provee el diseñador visual que genera los FMG.-
Yo me inicié programando Clipper '87, donde todo se hacia manualmente; luego pasé al dBfast, donde si bien existía un diseñador visual, resultaba mas práctico escribir el conjunto de instrucciones en cada caso.- Igual criterio apliqué cuando usaba CA Visual Object.- Finalmente conocí HMG, y debo ser honesto: HMG me provee todo lo necesario para desarrollar sistemas estables, eficientes, y por sobretodo muy veloces.-
Los saludo cordialmente. Eduardo

Hi Friends:

Unlikely Mario's, i agree with Claudio on the way he programs.- Really writing manually each instruction, although it does not seem, saves your time, instead using FMG forms, specially when you are developing complex input / exhibit data screens.- Other benefit you get, by the time you are designing, all properteies are inserted on your personal criteria without FMG pre-considerations.-
In mi case, i develope sistems that have lot of graphic controls instead buttons, and this means a delicated job manipulting pixels coordinates.- That match can't be performed by visual FMG designer.-
I begin with Clipper Summer '87, where all must be made manually; after, i use for long time dBfast, that have's a visual designer, but writing manually each instruction saves time.- Same criteria i use with CA Visual Object. Finally i discover HMG, and been honest: HMG provides everything to develope stable, efficient, and superspeed developes.-
With regards. Eduardo
CalScot

Post by CalScot »

Interesting how we all have our different approaches. ;-)
I learned dBase in '83 or '84 by reverse engineering some programs written by an outside consultant. (They crashed often enough that they needed to be maintained, so someone had to learn to do it!) I was a really heavy Lotus 1-2-3 user back then, but had almost no programming experience.
When creating new applications, I've always started by designing and building the databases and entering a few dummy records. Then I lay out (on paper) the menu structures and the rough screen outlines and functions, and only then do I start writing the code - by hand.
Using HMG has changed my process a bit! I -DO- use Forms to create the screens (which I do right after setting up Main.prg and before any real coding) - but I make heavy use of a function NYP() ( [ "Not yet programmed" ] ) for every button and action, then I manually write the code (and create any new screens) for each process, and change it in the module's form for an incremental compile. The Function NYP() is always one of the first things I write when I create a new Main.prg!! When I get to removing the last call to NYP(), I can remove it and I'm done! (If any application is ever "done"?)
Although I've had my struggles with it, I'm amazed at how quickly HMG now lets me develop prototypes and finished applications. Thank you to all who make (and have made) that possible!!
mol

Post by mol »

My first app in Hmg was built by hands.After that, I've tried IDE and I'm still using it because of quick edition possibility.
IDE is not perfect and need some evolution, but it's really quite good application.
Last edited by mol on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

mol wrote:My first app in Hmg was built by hands.After that, I've tried IDE and I'm still using it because of quick edition possibility.
IDE is not perfect and need some evolution, but it's really guite good application.
+1
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
quartz565

Post by quartz565 »

+1
Best Regards,
Nikos.

Mario Mansilla

Post by Mario Mansilla »

Mol wrote :
My first app in Hmg was built by hands.After that, I've tried IDE and I'm still using it because of quick edition possibility.
IDE is not perfect and need some evolution, but it's really quite good application.
+1
De acuerdo con Mol
Saludos .
Clip2Mania

Post by Clip2Mania »

What I'm missing in the IDE specifically is some alignment / distribution functions of the controls, "snap to grid", etc.
Rest is pretty OK.
mol

Post by mol »

IDE should be modified to allow set default properties of controls like width, height, default size etc. These properties should be saved with project definitions.
In this way appearance of the project would be consistent.
jucar_es

Post by jucar_es »

Muy buenas tardes

He tenido problemas al tratar de construir el ejemplo SQL de postgresql

ADJUNTO ERROR... ya aplique el patch 3 y nada

por favor me pueden indicar en que he fallado

Gracias
Attachments
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG (422.78 KiB) Viewed 4847 times
tonton2

Post by tonton2 »

mol wrote:My first app in Hmg was built by hands.After that, I've tried IDE and I'm still using it because of quick edition possibility.
bonsoir,
+1
L'Algerie vous salut
Y.TABET