mol

Re: HMG 3.3.1 (Stable)

Post by mol »

I've tried with DO EVENTS but without any good effects :-(
PeteWG

Post by PeteWG »

mol wrote:I've tried with DO EVENTS but without any good effects :-(
DO EVENTS, as far I know, has nothing to do with memory leakage. It is intended to prevent cpu's overhead.
I had referred it as a secondary hint for use inside the for-next loop of your sample.

My main suggestion was to replace LABEL control with TEXTBOX. Did you tried that?
The LABEL (and not only) control of HMG official, for some reason is a big memory eater. :?
On the other hand, if the problem is really critical for you, then you might have to dig into minigui extended sources to see
if you can adapt the LABEL implementation to HMG official. As I've said minigui extended HAS NOT this memory leakage problem.

BTW, speed execution of the sample you've posted, compiled with minigui extended runs almost 2-3 times faster than official,
but this is a very early test and I'm not sure how much valid are the results I have observed so far.
Maybe someone else could confirm or not this speed difference.

regards,

---
Pete
andyglezl

Post by andyglezl »

Hola, sigo probando el Control TREE y en ocasiones al MINIMIZAR y volver a MAXIMIZAR
la ventana, se pierde alguna parte del control. Alguna idea ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm testing the Control TREE and sometimes back to MINIMIZE and MAXIMIZE
window, a part of control is lost. Any idea?
Attachments
TreeDemo3.jpg
TreeDemo3.jpg (126.96 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
Andrés González López
Desde Guadalajara, Jalisco. México.
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

andyglezl wrote:Hola, sigo probando el Control TREE y en ocasiones al MINIMIZAR y volver a MAXIMIZAR
la ventana, se pierde alguna parte del control. Alguna idea ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm testing the Control TREE and sometimes back to MINIMIZE and MAXIMIZE
window, a part of control is lost. Any idea?
Try with:

Code: Select all

ON MAXIMIZE FormName.TreeName.REDRAW
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Italia1

Post by Italia1 »

Thank you very much for new version and relative patch!

Patch 1 - viewtopic.php?p=36228#p36228 - Pag.8 by Dr. Claudio Soto
Patch 2 - viewtopic.php?p=36320#p36320 - Pag.10 by Dr. Claudio Soto

3 questions:
1. The installer HMG.3.3.1.exe modifies the windows registry?
2. You can simply copy the folder from one PC to another (in other words if it is portable)?
3. To activate the patch you should always use BuildLib.bat?

Thanks to all!
:D
I use the great HMG3.2(stable). Have i nice international HMG to everyone!
Pablo César

HMG 3.3.1 (Stable)

Post by Pablo César »

Hi man ! Good wellcome !
Italia1 wrote:Thank you very much for new version and relative patch!

Patch 1 - viewtopic.php?p=36228#p36228 - Pag.8 by Dr. Claudio Soto
Patch 2 - viewtopic.php?p=36320#p36320 - Pag.10 by Dr. Claudio Soto

3 questions:
1. The installer HMG.3.3.1.exe modifies the windows registry?
2. You can simply copy the folder from one PC to another (in other words if it is portable)?
3. To activate the patch you should always use BuildLib.bat?

Thanks to all!
:D
I will explain your questions.

1. Yes, the installer HMG.3.3.1.exe always modifies the windows registry. But this is for information. HMG works normally if key register is deleted.

2. Yes, you can copy the entire HMG folder to any hard disk or floppy disk, it will work normally. IMHO it is good to be registered and also preserve same folder, this is my pratice.

3. Yes, always is need to re-build the HMG build when a patch is released.

P.S. In some special cases, you need to know wich is the most updated version of HMG and where it was installed. For this reason I prefer to be registered.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Italia1

Post by Italia1 »

Pablo César wrote:Hi man ! Good wellcome !

I will explain your questions.

1. Yes, the installer HMG.3.3.1.exe always modifies the windows registry. But this is for information. HMG works normally if key register is deleted.

2. Yes, you can copy the entire HMG folder to any hard disk or floppy disk, it will work normally. IMHO it is good to be registered and also preserve same folder, this is my pratice.

3. Yes, always is need to re-build the HMG build when a patch is released.

P.S. In some special cases, you need to know wich is the most updated version of HMG and where it was installed. For this reason I prefer to be registered.
------------------------- italiano
Ciao Pablo il Mago! :D Grazie della spiegazione, sempre precisa!
Sai quali sono le voci di registro che l'installer aggiunge o modifica?
In genere portable e modifica del registro sono 2 concetti differenti.
I programmi portable non utilizzano il registro ma file .ini o variabili d'ambiente temporanee.
Oppure file .bat specifici per andare a modificare tutti i file di configurazione modificando con l'attuale percorso. Esempio se da D:\HMG3.2\ viene copiato su F:\ il file batch modifica tutti i file di configurazione con il nuovo percorso F:\
Sarebbe stupendo che anche l'ottimo HMG utilizzasse questa metodologia. Vista la fragilità del registro windows.
Anche perché in pratica HMG, tranne in alcuni casi specifici, non utilizza le voci di registro.
Posso sperare in bel file 7z nelle prossime versioni?
Per non aumentare i problemi del fragile registro di windows, preferisco utilizzare i programmi portable. Esempio VLC che ha una versione con installer e una in un file compresso che deve essere semplicemente decompresso in una qualsiasi cartella. Ma ce ne sono tanti altri, anche compilatori con i file batch sopra descritti.
Avevo il mio ottimo HMG 3.2(stable) in un PC con windows xp 32 bit nella partizione D. Mi si è rotto il PC :(
Volevo copiare la cartella sul nuovo pc con windows 7 64 bit nella partizione D. Pensi che vada tutto ok?
In seguito installerò la nuova versione su altra cartella, sempre sulla partizione D (esempio D:\HMG3.3.1\): potrò avere tutte e 2 le versioni perfettamente funzionanti?
Grazie mille di tutto! :D

P.S. Mio consiglio: mettere i link delle varie patch nel primo post di questa discussione o addirittura nella pagine del download. Dico questo anche per evitare post che richiedono una soluzione ad un errore già corretto con delle patch. IMHO. :D

--------------------------- english
Hello Pablo the Magician! :D
Thanks for the explanation, good and precise!
Do you know what are the registry entries that the installer adds or changes?

In general, portable and edit windows registry are two different concepts.
The portable programs do not use the registry but ini file or temporary environment variables.
Or specific .bat file to change all the configuration files by changing the current directory.
For example batch file may changes all the configuration files from D:\HMG3.2\ in to F:\ , the new path.

It would be great that even the great HMG uses this methodology. Given the fragility of the register windows.
Also because in practice HMG, except in some specific cases, it does not use the registry entries.
I hope for nice 7z file in future versions?

In order not to increase the problems of fragile windows registry, I prefer to use the programs portable. example VLC has a version with an installer and in a compressed file that simply has to be decompressed in a any folder.

But there are many others programs, including compilers with batch files described above.

I had my great HMG 3.2 (stable) on a PC with windows xp 32 bit in partition D. The old PC is broken :-(
I wanted to copy the folder on the new pc with windows 7 64 bit in partition D. Do you think that everything is ok?

Later I will install the new version on another folder, always on the D partition (eg D: \HMG3.3.1\): I can have 2 versions working perfect?

Thank you so much for everything! :D

P.S. My advice: put the links of the various patch in the first post of this thread, or even in pages of the download. I say this also to avoid post that require a solution to a bug already corrected with the patch. IMHO. :D
I use the great HMG3.2(stable). Have i nice international HMG to everyone!
Pablo César

HMG 3.3.1 (Stable)

Post by Pablo César »

Italia1 wrote:Hello Pablo the Magician!
Thanks for the explanation, good and precise!
:lol: I never thought about it... (by my avatar) and thanks for your kind of words ! :)
Italia1 wrote:Do you know what are the registry entries that the installer adds or changes?
What I found is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall these following info:
Screen.PNG
Screen.PNG (11.7 KiB) Viewed 6713 times
I use these in FMG_Editor and in HMG version installed check urls in these codes and see.
Italia1 wrote:It would be great that even the great HMG uses this methodology. Given the fragility of the register windows.
Also because in practice HMG, except in some specific cases, it does not use the registry entries.
I hope for nice 7z file in future versions?
Well this is one question to be discussed by HMG community and HMG Developer Team. IMHO is very important to be registered at least to know what is the last version installed.

Some other HMG users, install always at the same folder (fixed folde: C:\HMG\), if you want to avoid to install HMG in diferent folders, you can overwrite at the same folder during HMG installation program.
Italia1 wrote:Later I will install the new version on another folder, always on the D partition (eg D: \HMG3.3.1\): I can have 2 versions working perfect?
Yes, if you have confirmed different folders names, It will be installed in different folders and you can keep or exclude any one of it or even use retro-version too.

Actually you can get this info and know which is last version is installed in your PC.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
tonton2

Post by tonton2 »

mol wrote:I've applied patch2 and I can't compile my project
I'm getting error:

C:\hmg\include\i_tree.ch(233) Error E0003  Duplicate variable declaration '_HMG_THIS_TREEITEM_VALUE'

Bonjour,
j'ai le mêmes problème, l'avez vous solutionné ?
merci a vous tous .
I have the same problem ,Have you been resolved it ?
Thanks for you
L'Algerie vous salut
Y.TABET
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Hola Tonton2,

-Solo ve a donde esta ese linea en el archivo C: \ HMG \ include \ i_tree.ch en la linea 233, y pones doble diagonal al inicio:

//_HMG_THIS_TREEITEM_VALUE
-Ejecutas el BuildAllLib.Bat
-Listo

Saludos