Ondblclick, combosearchbox in a grid

Moderator: Rathinagiri

zolysoftsolutions

Ondblclick, combosearchbox in a grid

Post by zolysoftsolutions »

Hi all!
Due that's my first contact with you, I have to declare that I'm very happy to find and to be a member of this community.
I'm relative new in HMG coding, but I have huge experience in VFP. Finally I'm VERY happy that I found something FREE and POWERFUL tool for database management similar with VFP.
I have 2 questions:
1. In a grid the ondblclick event return correct cellrow, cellcol etc. values, but pressing the <enter> these values is totally random and incorrect. Can I stop in some way the enter key action? ..more precisely to make the grid to have no reaction for enter key, just for the dblclick event (or to return correct values).
2. Can I include in some way a "combosearchbox" as a grid columncontrol?
3. HMG have a report generator like VFP? ..i tried, but is very difficult to write reports in HMG..

Thank you in advance..and sorry for my intermediate english.

Best regards,
Zoli B.
DBs Used: DBF

Re: Ondblclick, combosearchbox in a grid

Post by esgici »

Hello Zoli,

welcome aboard :)

It's good seeing another VFP expert in our community :D

Although HMG isn't a FP based library, since all ways leads to (or come from) xBase; we are speaking (almost) the same language and frequently find a way for being helpful to each other.

At the beginning, we need know you are speaking wich version of HMG. Yes, we have two separate versions: HMG 3.0.40 (stable) and HMG 4 (under development, almost finished). Please refer here for details.

Happy HMG'ing :)

Regards from Turkiye to Hungary :)

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
zolysoftsolutions

Post by zolysoftsolutions »

Hello Esgici,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes is clear that HMG is not based on VFP, but have same "parents" :).
I'm using HMG 3.0.39 and I try to develop an accounting system for small retailers.
I'm also lucky that the commands, functions and also the architecture is very familiar for me.
Until today I studied all forum, all samples.. the single serious difficulties I have with:
- making reports: too much "handmade" work,
- combosearchbox in a grid should be very useful,
- I don't like in a grid dblclickevent=enter keypress event, for me is more logical to move the cursor to next cell on keypress event, and to open cell editing with doubleclick, especially because the exact cell position is not retourned correct by pressing enterkey.

In the rest HMG seems to be perfect to make accounting or data handling applications..and can be developed very nice interfaces.

Best regards,
Zoli B.
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Hi

Had you enabled set cellnavigation .t.?
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.