Coding Guidelines For HMG 4 Contributors [UPDATED]

Moderator: Rathinagiri

cdsaenz

Re: Coding Guidelines For HMG 4 Contributors [UPDATED]

Post by cdsaenz »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
Roberto Lopez wrote:
apais wrote:Why don't you use hbIde ? It's done with harbour and qt and is multiplatform also.
I've provided a batch file for build samples to keep the things simple, but, it could be included in future binary releases.
Anyway, IMHO HMG4 should have its own IDE consistent with HMG philosophy: very simple and easy to use.

The works on it, could start when adequate functionality be in place.
Yep I agree 100%. I liked your approach to the 3.x IDE. Already starting work on it? Wow. Great to hear that. I'm too spoiled by Delphi to go back to writing code for controls (I only made an exception with PHP but well, that's HTML anyway) :)
Charly
Argentina, Hobbyist developer, Clipper/Delphi/PHP/Progress
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

cdsaenz wrote:(I only made an exception with PHP but well, that's HTML anyway) :)
Todos debemos nos vemos obligados a usar PHP más de lo que quisiéramos :)
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Nice move. Thanks Roberto
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Carlos Britos

Post by Carlos Britos »

[quote=No está en HMG.4 (quité algunos archivos no escenciles para reducir el tamaño de la distribución).[/quote]

Hello Roberto.
I don't know nothing about management of project in sourceforge, but what you think about to put qt, mingw and harbour binaries in zip files in different folders in sourgeforge. so we can get only those files that we really need, reducing the size and traffic. Specially with a bad internet connection.
Saludos y gracias por todo
Carlos
Regards/Saludos, Carlos (bcd12a)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Carlos Britos wrote:
No está en HMG.4 (quité algunos archivos no escenciles para reducir el tamaño de la distribución).[/quote wrote:
Hello Roberto.
I don't know nothing about management of project in sourceforge, but what you think about to put qt, mingw and harbour binaries in zip files in different folders in sourgeforge. so we can get only those files that we really need, reducing the size and traffic. Specially with a bad internet connection.
Saludos y gracias por todo
Carlos
My goal is to provide a 'ready to use' binary distribution for non-experts.

If you want only sources you can get from SVN section of the project.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
raumi75

Post by raumi75 »

Roberto Lopez wrote: My goal is to provide a 'ready to use' binary distribution for non-experts.
I strongly agree with Roberto. The reason, why I am using HMG is, that it was very easy to get running at first.

For years I have been looking at harbour-project, but was never able to make it work. Neither on Linux, Mac OS, nor on Windows. I simply thought it was not finished yet. Now I know that harbour is an excellent programming language. It just makes it extremely hard for newbees like me to get startet.

The second reason is this forum, which helps me a lot, because I don't speak spanish. It is the friendliest place in open source development.

The only downside was that the hmg-binaries only run on windows.

Roberto has the right philosophy and now, that it is going multi-platform, hmg has the potential for greatness.

I am afraid, that my programing skills are not good enough for development. But I can do testing on different platforms.

Raumi
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

raumi75 wrote: Roberto has the right philosophy and now, that it is going multi-platform, hmg has the potential for greatness.

I am afraid, that my programing skills are not good enough for development. But I can do testing on different platforms.

Raumi
Thanks for your kind words.

And, please consider that QT is very high level compared to Windows API, that it is fully documented and that C programming is not required, so I guess that anyone can do.

I've designed the whole thing to be simple to develop, so, if contributors follow the guidelines, it will still easy...
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Steed

Post by Steed »

Hi, all

My humble contribution ; Syntax file for Notepad ++

Regards,

Ed
Attachments
userDefineLang.7z
(2.5 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Steed wrote:Hi, all

My humble contribution ; Syntax file for Notepad ++

Regards,

Ed
Thanks!
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
mol

Post by mol »

Thanks for notepad++ syntax file. I'm using this editor. I've prepared my syntax file, but it never was ended to share with sb.