Frame and editbox (possible corrections)

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Rossine

Re: Frame and editbox (possible corrections)

Post by Rossine »

Hi Luigi,
Please don't confuse TABSTOP with focusing.
1) TABSTOP means: when I press TAB key (or SHIFT+TAB) the object will be skipped or not.
OK, I understood.
2) Some objects "can be / are skipped" by default: we must check HMG3 behavior. F.e. regarding MainMenu, StatusBar, Tab and TabPage and so on.
"are skipped", Just that. It would be like if I were READONLY, or inaccessible.
3) Other objects are NOT skipped by default. F.e. TEXTBOX is always enabled and when you press TAB (or ENTER with "SET NAVIGATION....") you can jump on it from "previous" object.
Yes I see that QT lets treat the focus of each object using the mouse or keyboard.
Different behaviour is the focusing:
1) If I use click a lot of objects can receive the focus. What I means is: everytime I'm using the mouse click the object is/can be focused.
2) If I'm using tabbing system (TAB o SHIFT+TAB) and related TABSTOP is true, then the object is "focused" when I jump on it.
Right, in the case of the "object frame" I do not see why allow it to receive focus either mouse or keyboard. I think that only editable "TEXTBOX/GRID/COMBOBOX/ETC..." objects can receive focus either mouse or keyboard.

Best Regards,

Rossine.
Ricci

Post by Ricci »

Rossine wrote: I think that only editable "TEXTBOX/GRID/COMBOBOX/ETC..." objects can receive focus either mouse or keyboard.
That´s your opinion. Perhaps you should ask the people at Nokia why the made all objects available to receive the focus. ;-)

What about buttons and the menu? They are not editable but if you want navigate with the keyboard they need to get the focus before you can activate it with Space key.
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Ricci.
I think there is a misunderstanding between focusing and tabbing and for this reason a wrong idea to manage.
But it's an opinion.
Cheers
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
Rossine

Post by Rossine »

Hello all,

As I said, this was only a suggestion, but apart from that it is possible or not, I will continue to test hmg.4.

Many thank´s to all ;)

Rossine.
Ricci

Post by Ricci »

Rossine wrote:As I said, this was only a suggestion, ...
Rossine, your suggestions are always welcome.

But please don´t forget that HMG4 is not CLIPPER and not 100% HMG3 - it´s the evolution of HMG3.
Because of that and the platform independence we should follow (as the standard) the usual behavior of the GUIs.
IF you like another behavior for your clients you can implement them using inheritance.
Rossine

Post by Rossine »

Hello Ricci,
Ricci wrote:
Rossine wrote:As I said, this was only a suggestion, ...
Rossine, your suggestions are always welcome.

But please don´t forget that HMG4 is not CLIPPER and not 100% HMG3 - it´s the evolution of HMG3.
Because of that and the platform independence we should follow (as the standard) the usual behavior of the GUIs.
IF you like another behavior for your clients you can implement them using inheritance.
Ok,

I totally agree that we should follow the GUI behavior. Good idea to use "inheritance" and mount an extension hmg.4 classes in my own case I if really want to do this.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rossine.