REALLY IMPORTANT: is anyone interested in HMG4 ?

Moderator: Rathinagiri

concentra

Re: REALLY IMPORTANT: is anyone interested in HMG4 ?

Post by concentra »

mrduck wrote:The SourceForge project name is currently HMG. It can hold all HMG flavors. I can't see the need to create a new one.
A repository in SVN is in fact anything you want...
Suggestion : under hmg we create a hmg.qt folder and move everything to this folder.
Users must do nothing, in the next update the SVN client moves content automatically.
May I do this ?
[[]] Mauricio Ventura Faria
concentra

Post by concentra »

And we can also create a hmg.win32 folder to put win32 code.
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Mauricio.
I don't have a great knwoledge about SVN, anyway programs that uses Qt library can be intended like .32, isn't it?
IMHO, the repositories/folders must respect the name of the project: HMG, QHMG and so on....
Cheers
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
mrduck

Post by mrduck »

concentra wrote: May I do this ?
No

:-)

HMG.3 and QtHMG must be in separate repositories... please note that HMG.3 has no public repository as far as I know....

And mixing them may be more dangerous, because thay may need different compilers, different tools...
concentra

Post by concentra »

mrduck wrote:HMG.3 and QtHMG must be in separate repositories... please note that HMG.3 has no public repository as far as I know....
No problem to SVN. It can be added in the future.
And mixing them may be more dangerous, because thay may need different compilers, different tools...
I work with SVN internally everyday and I see no problem here either since each "sub-project" will be self-contained in its folder.
In fact, if we do what I proposed, if you change the checkout path from https://hmg.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hmg to https://hmg.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hmg/hmg.qt , adding the extra folder, you will download exactly the same data you do today.
If you don't change the checkout path you will only have an extra folder in the path, until another thing is added to the root of the project, for example the win32 source.
concentra

Post by concentra »

Hi Luigi.
l3whmg wrote:QHMG
I prefer HMG.QT or HMG.Q or HmgQt in order to HMG come in front indicating that it's the origin.
Only my $ 0.02. :mrgreen:
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri, mrduck,
mrduck wrote: Ok, so we may change all internal references from HMG.4 to HMG/Qt... but the svn repository is one and you won't be able to use it for HMG.3 development line... well, actually you can using svn branches and the like but I suggest to keep them separate. If you think instead that HMG.3 development will keep the actual release method, you or Rathinagiri creating an exe from time to time, then there is no necessity to change name.
I think that HMG.3 should keep the same release method as it is now.

What do you think rathi?
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

concentra wrote:Hi Luigi.
l3whmg wrote:QHMG
I prefer HMG.QT or HMG.Q or HmgQt in order to HMG come in front indicating that it's the origin.
Only my $ 0.02. :mrgreen:
+1
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

mrduck wrote: But anyway, Qt is in the open now, and anybody can create ports of it on different platforms... sometimes is more easy, sometimes is really difficult. Anyway, one "port" to metro is already possible...
https://projects.developer.nokia.com/qt ... ?version=6

It's not a real port, it is not fully integrated into metro...

Roberto, if you have time please read the article, it has some interesting infos I didn't know.
The content of that article is far far away of my knowledge about QT, Metro and C++ :)

Anyway, the trick appears to be to put a VNC client inside a metro window and the server running a QT application.

I'm sure that the same technique could be used with our HMG/Win32 apps.

Regarding ARM version of Windows 8, I guess that we must wait until a Harbour for Windows/ARM be published.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
mrduck

Post by mrduck »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
Anyway, the trick appears to be to put a VNC client inside a metro window and the server running a QT application.
It's not a VN server but the approach is similar. The server draws the page and send it to the client.
I'm sure that the same technique could be used with our HMG/Win32 apps.
Of course, VNC is ok, the one presented in the article is specific to Qt.
Regarding ARM version of Windows 8, I guess that we must wait until a Harbour for Windows/ARM be published.
[/quote]

I tried to locate exact info but couldn't...