REALLY IMPORTANT: is anyone interested in HMG4 ?

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: REALLY IMPORTANT: is anyone interested in HMG4 ?

Post by Rathinagiri »

Roberto Lopez wrote:rathinagiri, mrduck,
mrduck wrote: Ok, so we may change all internal references from HMG.4 to HMG/Qt... but the svn repository is one and you won't be able to use it for HMG.3 development line... well, actually you can using svn branches and the like but I suggest to keep them separate. If you think instead that HMG.3 development will keep the actual release method, you or Rathinagiri creating an exe from time to time, then there is no necessity to change name.
I think that HMG.3 should keep the same release method as it is now.

What do you think rathi?
Yes Roberto. We can keep the same release method.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Ricci

Post by Ricci »

Still porting my program from HMG3 to 4, main dialog is ready und everything is working.
The only problem was changing from BROWSE to VIRTUALGRID.
Now I have to port the routines in child windows.

HMG3 (50%)

HMG4 (50%)
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Ricci !!
Many, many thanks to share with us this great information!
For a lot of volunteers this image it's an important news.
I'm very happy and I hope all of HMGxxx users can be happy to see this evolution.

Cheers
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri wrote: I think that HMG.3 should keep the same release method as it is now.

What do you think rathi?
Yes Roberto. We can keep the same release method.[/quote]

Ok.

Thanks.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Ricci

Post by Ricci »

l3whmg wrote:I'm very happy and I hope all of HMGxxx users can be happy to see this evolution.
I had to change from VirtualGrid to GRID, because handling a dbf with a QT-Object is difficult and I had side-effects (record pointer). Now I copy the content of the small database into a GRID and everything is stable. It´s better to leave the database handling to Harbour and give the screen handling to QT.
concentra

Post by concentra »

Ricci wrote:I had to change from VirtualGrid to GRID, because handling a dbf with a QT-Object is difficult and I had side-effects (record pointer). Now I copy the content of the small database into a GRID and everything is stable. It´s better to leave the database handling to Harbour and give the screen handling to QT.
I had similar problems and to avoid headaches I ended opening the DBF twice in 2 separate areas, one to the virtualgrid and another to handle application logic.
[[]] Mauricio Ventura Faria
mrduck

Post by mrduck »

concentra wrote:I had similar problems and to avoid headaches I ended opening the DBF twice in 2 separate areas, one to the virtualgrid and another to handle application logic.
Yes, this is a possibility, but I don't like it... but you have to open it in shared mode...
concentra

Post by concentra »

mrduck wrote:
concentra wrote:I had similar problems and to avoid headaches I ended opening the DBF twice in 2 separate areas, one to the virtualgrid and another to handle application logic.
Yes, this is a possibility, but I don't like it... but you have to open it in shared mode...
I don't like this either, but was the way I found to avoid problems in a production environment. And I rarely open a database in exclusive mode.
[[]] Mauricio Ventura Faria
mrduck

Post by mrduck »

concentra wrote:
mrduck wrote:
I don't like this either, but was the way I found to avoid problems in a production environment. And I rarely open a database in exclusive mode.

Since we are at databases.... how do you handle DBFs that change in size ?

I explain: in this moment if you have a VGRID browsing a DBF, if someone changes the records contents, or adds/deletes a record, these changes may not be shown in the grid, until you do a :refresh()

Did you handle this case ? How ? I've some ideas but before writing code I'd like to do some more brain-storming
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

May be, we can use a timer to refresh the dbf by keeping a record of "last modified time" to check.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.