HMG4 QT dll ATTENTION

Moderator: Rathinagiri

l3whmg

HMG4 QT dll ATTENTION

Post by l3whmg »

H friends,
attention please
today I found that there are some QT dll wrong: they don't work.

I refer, in particular, to these: QtCore4.dll, QtGui4.dll, QtNetWork4.dll.

In my case, the problem seems due to QtGui4.dll because I can't use QT "SetWindowIcon".

For MSWin users: you pay attention to the content of "C:\Windows" a "C:\Windows\System32".
I work fine with these
- QtCore4.dll: 2.479KB, 2010.10.17-17.06
- QtGui4.dll: 9.632KB, 2010.09.10-8.32
- QtNetWork4.dll: 1.114KB, 2010.09.10-8.07

note: and these are different from QT SDK distribution (I have target "2010.05" )

For this reason and other, I would suggest not to write dll (automatically) in any MsWin folder during HMG4 installation and write in capital letter how to do...

Cheers
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
l3whmg

Re: HMG4 QT dll ATTENTION

Post by l3whmg »

Hi friends. I discovered these dll are included in HMG4 installer.
Rathinagiri, can you tell me where do these files? Because other dll (Harbour or QT "2010.05") don't work on my WinXp system.

Many thanks.

Cheers
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Hi Luigi,

I got this from QT official site version 4.7.0 and included with HMG installation. Is this giving the problem?
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Rathinagiri,
your include are right.

I do a check of my system, compiler option, etc. and I look QT...dll in windows folder. To do test, I preferred remove them and use inside exepath, but I have copied from...harbour distribution. From this moment I gone around the world. Because I don't use HMG4 installer but SVN....and I don't remember their. For this reason I ask you "where came from": I don't remember...

Anyway, I solved my problem but I want say to everyone: attention. I think the best way is a TODO text file to inform programmer how they use dll and don't copy (with HMG4 installer) any dll in windows folder.

Second: to check difference I have also download and install last "QT SDK 1.1 beta". I use these dll and work fine. But attention: there are a lot of "QTGui", "QTCore", etc. I extract from <QtPath>\Desktop\Qt\4.7.2\mingw\bin.

Cheers
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it