A Taste of Mac OS X

Moderator: Rathinagiri

User avatar
raumi75
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:31 am
Location: Lünen, Germany
Contact:

A Taste of Mac OS X

Post by raumi75 »

Hell everybody,

I just managed to compile a sample on Mac OS X.

A Tab looks exactly the way it has to look. Some things don't work, yet, but I have the feeling, that we will get it to run.

Roberto, I could try to wrap up a binary-release for Mac OS similar to the one for Windows and Linux if you like that.

Raumi
Attachments
Image demo_2 on Mac OS
Image demo_2 on Mac OS
Bildschirmfoto 2010-09-04 um 21.15.38.png (73.23 KiB) Viewed 5550 times
datepicker demo_1 on Mac OS X
datepicker demo_1 on Mac OS X
Bildschirmfoto 2010-09-04 um 21.10.48.png (58.23 KiB) Viewed 5550 times
Tab demo_2 on Mac OS X
Tab demo_2 on Mac OS X
Bildschirmfoto 2010-09-04 um 20.49.33.png (31.18 KiB) Viewed 5550 times

User avatar
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Post by Roberto Lopez »

raumi75 wrote: Roberto, I could try to wrap up a binary-release for Mac OS similar to the one for Windows and Linux if you like that.
Raumi
Thanks!

Please, do it!
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto


(Veritas Filia Temporis)

User avatar
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
raumi75 wrote: Roberto, I could try to wrap up a binary-release for Mac OS similar to the one for Windows and Linux if you like that.
Raumi
Thanks!

Please, do it!
I've got you permissions to handle file releases, so you'll be able to upload the OSX package yourself.

Thanks again!
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto


(Veritas Filia Temporis)

User avatar
raumi75
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:31 am
Location: Lünen, Germany
Contact:

Post by raumi75 »

Great! I will do my best.

I will try to make it as similar to your linux release as possible.

I see that your harbour binaries are not based on stable harbour 2.0.0. What sources do you use? Did you take 2.0.0 and add the new hbqt-code?

Raumi

User avatar
raumi75
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:31 am
Location: Lünen, Germany
Contact:

Post by raumi75 »

OK. I have created a release based on harbour svn and hmg.4 svn. So it is very fresh code.

Maybe somebody else who has access to a Mac can give it a try. On Monday, I can test, if any further Installation is needed to make it run.

It turned out rather large. Maybe you can give me a hint, what to delete before releasing it.

The package is downloadable on our sourceforge-page.

Have fun!

Raumi

User avatar
esgici
Posts: 4529
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 pm
DBs Used: DBF
Location: iskenderun / Turkiye
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Contact:

Post by esgici »

Hi all

Writing program for Mac, incredible :o

I had imagined for a very long time this, since "Lisa" :!:

BTW, does anyone remember "Lisa" ?

Thanks a lot Maestro :D

Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D

User avatar
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Post by Roberto Lopez »

raumi75 wrote:Great! I will do my best.

I will try to make it as similar to your linux release as possible.

I see that your harbour binaries are not based on stable harbour 2.0.0. What sources do you use? Did you take 2.0.0 and add the new hbqt-code?

Raumi
I'm doing the releases based on current Harbour sources, since last stable build has an outdated HBQT version.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto


(Veritas Filia Temporis)

User avatar
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Post by Roberto Lopez »

raumi75 wrote:OK. I have created a release based on harbour svn and hmg.4 svn. So it is very fresh code.

Maybe somebody else who has access to a Mac can give it a try. On Monday, I can test, if any further Installation is needed to make it run.

It turned out rather large. Maybe you can give me a hint, what to delete before releasing it.

The package is downloadable on our sourceforge-page.

Have fun!

Raumi
Thanks for your effort!

Since these are alpha tests and we will do very frequent releases, I try to do it as slimmer as possible, removing things that are not required to HMG tests.

The other important target is that the release be usable 'out of the box' without configuration needed.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto


(Veritas Filia Temporis)

User avatar
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Post by Roberto Lopez »

esgici wrote:Hi all

Writing program for Mac, incredible :o

I had imagined for a very long time this, since "Lisa" :!:

BTW, does anyone remember "Lisa" ?

Thanks a lot Maestro :D

Regards

--

Esgici
There is a nice TV movie called 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' (based on a book of the same name). I've learned about the Lisa's story watching it :)
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto


(Veritas Filia Temporis)

User avatar
esgici
Posts: 4529
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 pm
DBs Used: DBF
Location: iskenderun / Turkiye
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Contact:

Post by esgici »

Yes, Maestro; I don't seen this movie but Lisa, even used it !
Apple Lisa 1983
Apple Lisa 1983
AppleLisa.jpg (21.22 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Best regards.

--

Esgici

PS: If I'm remembering right, "Mac" was after "Lisa". Mac had 3.5" diskette drive, no 5.25;
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D

Post Reply