Welcome to the Project Developers' Table

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Carlos Britos

Re: Welcome to the Project Developers' Table

Post by Carlos Britos »

Code: Select all

2011-05-31 20:24 UTC-0300 Carlos Britos ( <bcd12a(a_t)yahoo.com.ar> )
  * source\basic.prg
    ! Fixed. Reverted, Height and Width properties to return the real width and height
      of wins and controls.

* source/layout.prg
    + Added InsertStretch().

! include/hmg.ch
    + Added, ADD STRETCH layout command.  #xcommand for InsertStretch()
    + Added, #xcommand PASSWORD => :PassWord := .T.

+ samples/layout/demo_5.prg
    * Added sample to test ADD STRETCH layout command.

* doc/txt/en/faq.txt
  * doc/txt/en/layout.txt
  * doc/txt/en/howtostart.txt
  * doc/txt/en/properties_e2h.txt
  * doc/txt/en/properties_k2n.txt
  * doc/txt/en/getsetprops.txt
  * doc/txt/en/properties_q2s.txt
  * doc/txt/en/properties_w2z.txt
  * doc/txt/en/win_this.txt
    ! Updated texts.
Regards/Saludos, Carlos (bcd12a)
concentra

Post by concentra »

2011-06-01 15:40 UTC-0300 Mauricio Ventura Faria (<conc001 a+t gmail com>)
  ! include/hmg.ch
  ! samples/layout/demo_1.prg
  ! samples/layout/demo_2.prg
  ! samples/layout/demo_3.prg
  ! samples/layout/demo_4.prg
  ! source/layout.prg
    ! Split layout class in subclasses : LayoutBox, LayoutForm and LayoutGrid

Carlos I was playing with Layouts and in my opinion its better to split the layout class in 3 subclasses.
Please take a look. If you don´t agree I can revert.
[[]] Mauricio Ventura Faria
gvaronas

Post by gvaronas »

concentra wrote:

2011-06-01 15:40 UTC-0300 Mauricio Ventura Faria (<conc001 a+t gmail com>)
  ! include/hmg.ch
  ! samples/layout/demo_1.prg
  ! samples/layout/demo_2.prg
  ! samples/layout/demo_3.prg
  ! samples/layout/demo_4.prg
  ! source/layout.prg
    ! Split layout class in subclasses : LayoutBox, LayoutForm and LayoutGrid

Carlos I was playing with Layouts and in my opinion its better to split the layout class in 3 subclasses.

Carlos, y ya que están por aqui, permitanme sugerir esto: podría agregarse una clausula para utilizar los widgets que se generen con el Qt Designer, ayudaría bastante en el diseño de pantallas a traves del Qt Designer, que esta power!!!.
TIA
BestRegards
Carlos Britos

Post by Carlos Britos »

gvaronas wrote: Carlos, y ya que están por aqui, permitanme sugerir esto: podría agregarse una clausula para utilizar los widgets que se generen con el Qt Designer, ayudaría bastante en el diseño de pantallas a traves del Qt Designer, que esta power!!!.
TIA
BestRegards

Carlos, and since they are here, allow me to suggest this: a clause could be added to use the widgets that are generated with the Qt Designer, it would help enough in the design of screens through the Qt Designer that this power!!!.
Hello gvaronas
Could you explain a little more your suggestion.
I didn't use a lot the Qt Designer, but I believe that you refer to read the files .ui .
If it is this way, that's really good but it would take a lot of work to create it. Perhaps a pre - processor.
Please translates for the group.

Hola gvaronas
Podrias explicar un poco mas tu sugerencia.
Yo no usé mucho el Qt Designer, pero creo que te refieres a leer los archivos .ui.
Si es así, eso seria bueno pero llevaria mucho trabajo crearlo. Tal vez un pre procesador.
Por favor traduce para el grupo.
Carlos Britos

Post by Carlos Britos »

concentra wrote:Carlos I was playing with Layouts and in my opinion its better to split the layout class in 3 subclasses.
It's ok for me
gvaronas

Post by gvaronas »

Carlos Britos wrote:
gvaronas wrote: Carlos, y ya que están por aqui, permitanme sugerir esto: podría agregarse una clausula para utilizar los widgets que se generen con el Qt Designer, ayudaría bastante en el diseño de pantallas a traves del Qt Designer, que esta power!!!.
TIA
BestRegards

Carlos, and since they are here, allow me to suggest this: a clause could be added to use the widgets that are generated with the Qt Designer, it would help enough in the design of screens through the Qt Designer that this power!!!.
Hello gvaronas
Could you explain a little more your suggestion.
I didn't use a lot the Qt Designer, but I believe that you refer to read the files .ui .
If it is this way, that's really good but it would take a lot of work to create it. Perhaps a pre - processor.
Please translates for the group.

Hola gvaronas
Podrias explicar un poco mas tu sugerencia.
Yo no usé mucho el Qt Designer, pero creo que te refieres a leer los archivos .ui.
Si es así, eso seria bueno pero llevaria mucho trabajo crearlo. Tal vez un pre procesador.
Por favor traduce para el grupo.

Hola Carlos, ante todo aclaro que no soy experto en programación, soy usuario de Clipper/Harbour, estuve mirando algunas GUI's para harbour y ahora estoy jugando un poco con hbqt y HMG4.
Sinceramente no lo se cómo sería la implementación, pero si, de hecho que habría que leer el archivo que genera el diseñador de pantallas Qt Designer que es un archivo .ui y que creo que esta en formato XML o algo asi.
En alguna oportunidad se lo plantee a Roberto y su respuesta fue que HMG4 tendrá su propio diseñador de pantallas, desde mi humilde punto de vista, no me pareció lógico, considerando que ya existe Qt Designer.
Entre las GUI's que estuve mirando está t-Gtk, y por ejemplo aqui se puede usar los archivos que genera Glade que sería el equivalente al Qt Designer.
Bueno, reitero mi agradecimiento por tu trabajo en HMG4 y los Layout estan excelentes.

Salu2,
GVS

Hi Carlos, first of all clarify that I am no expert in programming, user'm Clipper / Harbour, I was looking at some GUI's for harbour and now I'm playing a bit with hbqt and HMG4.
I honestly do not know how would be the implementation, but if in fact would have to read the file generated by Qt Designer designer screens is a. ui and I believe it is in XML format or something.
At one time it poses to Roberto and his response was that HMG4 designer will have their own screens, from my humble point of view, it seemed logical, considering that already exists Qt Designer.
Among the GUI's that I was looking at is t-Gtk, and for example here you can use Glade generated files that would be equivalent to Qt Designer.
Well, I reiterate my appreciation for your work on HMG4 and layout are excellent.

BestRegards,
GVS
mrduck

Post by mrduck »

I wrote some code to use .ui files into HMG4. It assigns the Qt objects in the .ui file to the matching HMG4 object. Unfortunately due to changes in hbqt reading of .ui files is not possible anymore. We should switch to .uic files (compiled ui files) and adapt my code.

Reading .ui files was great since you did change the xml file and run the program, using .uic files means that you change the xml file but you need to call hbmk2 to do ui->uic and then link the executable...

Since I can't work on hmg4 on the next days if someone is interested to port my changes to the new hbqt/hmg4 please contact me and I'll send the changes.

Francesco
Carlos Britos

Post by Carlos Britos »

2011-06-04 14:21 UTC-0300 Carlos Britos ( <bcd12a(a_t)yahoo.com.ar> )
  * source\basic.prg
    ! Changed, Setting properties values, Methods return SELF instead of NIL.
      Then we can define properties in this way too, oX:Row(2):Col(5):Width(20)
    ! Minor formatting to achieve code formatting rules.
If exist any special reason to return Nil, let me know and I'll revert these changes.
concentra

Post by concentra »

oX:Row(2):Col(5):Width(20)
Cool !
[[]] Mauricio Ventura Faria
mrduck

Post by mrduck »

concentra wrote:

oX:Row(2):Col(5):Width(20)
Cool !
Yes, it is cool but I am against it. If for whatever reason we need to change the return value of Row() or Col() to another object/value we may break a lot of code...

oX:Row(2):Col(5):Width(20)  // will break
oX:Row(2)
oX:Col(5)
oX:Width(20)  // won't break
For example we may need to return the previous value of Row() when setting a new one...