Instalar Muestra en varias Sucursales // Install Sample in several Branches

HMG en Español

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Leopoldo Blancas

Instalar Muestra en varias Sucursales // Install Sample in several Branches

Post by Leopoldo Blancas »

Hello everyone,

Now that I made my modification to a sample that I made, it occurred to me to create a system that can be installed in several branches, in different parts of the city and that several users can use it simultaneously.

What do I need other than HMG?
  • What Hardwere?
    What Softwere?
They can send me Links, since I do not have experience in a system of this type. I have only had experience in LAN Systems.

I am at zero, any experience and comment about it I would like to know.

Can someone give me the steps to follow?

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola a todos,

Ahora que hice mi modificación a un muestra que hice, se me ha ocurrido hacer un sistema que lo pueda instalar en varias sucursales, en diferentes partes de la ciudad y que varios usuarios lo puedan usar simultaneamente.

Qué necesito aparte de HMG?
  • Qué Hardwere?
    Qué Softwere?
Me pueden mandar Links, ya que no tengo experiencia en un sistema de este tipo. Solo he tenido experiencia en Sistemas LAN.

Estoy en cero, cualquier experiencia y comentario al respecto me gustaria saber.

Alguien me puede dar los pasos a seguir.

Gracias.
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Re: Instalar Muestra en varias Sucursales // Install Sample in several Branches

Post by serge_girard »

Leopoldo,

You could use HMG and MySQL in a client-server setup. Also you will need a host with remote access feature (this will allow you to access your MySQL database from HMG).

So hardware-wise: Windows machines
Software-wise: your HMG app + libmysql.dll + SQL knowledge. Plenty of examples in SAMPLE folder.

For setting up the SQLdatabase as local you best download and install XAMPP. This has the MySQL/MariaDB included and then you can a try to build some PRG's round the SQL database. This will allow you to learn how to work with MySQL etc.

I have 4 major applications running with MySQL and it's working very fine.
Let me know if I can help!

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
Leopoldo Blancas

Hello Serge,

Everything you mention is new to me, but I will go by steps:

1.- I will start to study SQL, some Link that you recommend to start from 0 and download.
2.- What is a remote access Host ?, I have no idea how to do it, any help you recommend me.
3.- XAMPP ?, Any link of download and tutorial?
4.- When you say: I can build some prg around the SQL Database, what do you mean? What is done first or how does this work ?.

I think my doubts are GIANT, but what you can help me with Download Link and Tutorials would be very helpful.

So I'll start investigating on my own.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola Serge,

Todo lo que mencionas es nuevo para mi, pero voy a ir por pasos:

1.- Voy a empezar a estudiar SQL, algun Link que me recomiendes para empezar desde 0 y descarga.
2.- Que es un Host de acceso remoto?, no tengo ni idea como hacerlo, alguna ayuda que me recomiendes.
3.- XAMPP?, Algun Link de descarga y tutorial?
4.- Cuando dices que: Puedo ir construyendo algunos prg alrededor de la Base de Datos de SQL, eso a que te refieres? Que se hace primero o como funciona esto?.

Creo que mis dudas son GIGANTESCAS, pero en lo que me puedas ayudar con Link de Descargas y Tutoriales seria de gran ayuda.

Yo por lo mientras empezare a investigar por mi cuenta.

Mil Gracias.
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

Look viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5107&start=10

It's how start with MySQL
Leopoldo Blancas

Thank you dragancesu,

For the Link, but I do not know anything about SQL and I do not understand anything, I think I'll first study SQL and then ask.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gracias dragancesu,

Por el Link, pero no se nada de SQL y no entiendo nada, creo que primero voy a estudiar SQL y después preguntare.
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Leopoldo,

A host that allow remote access: Sometimes a host-serice will NOT allow you to access your MySQL databases from PRG. They only let you access your database from a website. So that kind of host-service is to be avoided.
What I did was following:

- I registered a domain + host services.
- I set up a MySQL database on that host
- I do what I want with that database (for example: I keep copies of my PRG-files in a MySQL database, copies of Word, Excel docs etc.)
- I set up triggers and events ( triggers: example: when you delete a record you can make a copy of it before it is deleted. Events: you can clean up your database and delete (or update or whatever) old records that you don't want. Etc. etc...
- So I use it as a cloud-service.

First step is to start as localhost:
- download XAMPP: https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
- try to make a database
- then try to access it from PRG

When you finished installing XAMPP, you let us know and we go further!

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

I do not know how much knowledge you have about bases

Good start is youtube.com and search "begin with mysql"

or if you like books you have a lot of literature for download

Unlike dbf databases, they have a different concept, they do not need access to individual files but software over a port, for mysql it is 3306, then the user logs in and does what it can
koke
DBs Used: DBF, mySql, mariaDB

Post by koke »

Buenos días,
Leopoldo, en mi experiencia tienes varias opciones:
1.- Puedes instalar un servidor de mySql que tenga un ip fijo para acceder por internet, es como una página web con bases de datos habilitadas, este método es muy bueno porque te da la flexibilidad de poder utilizarlo desde cualquier lugar, solo asegúrate de que las contraseñas de acceso a las bases de datos sean bastante seguras, en este medio tienes que contratar una línea dedicada con tu proveedor de internet.
2.- Aquí en México Telmex ofrece un servicio creo que se llama macro net, pero no lo he utilizado en el cual puedes acceder desde diferentes localizaciones a la misma red.
3.- Puedes instalar antenas de micro ondas para la comunicación entre sucursales y de esta manera están dentro de tu red compartiendo ips, pero el problema surge cuando la distancia es demasiado larga y además si la intensión es gastar poco la velocidad es de 100 megas, si quieres más velocidad el precio aumenta considerablemente.
4.- La ultima que puedo mencionar es mediante el acceso a servicios web pero este implica que programes los servicios en un servidor de página web para conectarse al servidor de bases de datos y después tus programas los realices para realizar este intercambio de información, mucho más trabajo.

Lo bueno es que hay mucha informacion de mysql en internet.

Saludos y suerte en tu nuevo proyecto.

---------- Google Translate ----------
Good Morning,
Leopoldo, in my experience you have several options:
1.- You can install a mySql server that has a fixed ip to access over the internet, it's like a web page with databases enabled, this method is very good because it gives you the flexibility to use it from anywhere, just make sure that the passwords of access to the databases are quite safe, in this medium you have to hire a dedicated line with your internet provider.
2.- Here in Mexico Telmex offers a service I think is called macro net, but I have not used it in which you can access from different locations to the same network.
3.- You can install microwaves antennas for communication between branches and thus they are inside your network sharing ips, but the problem arises when the distance is too long and also if the intention is to spend little the speed is 100 megabytes. , if you want more speed the price increases considerably.
4.- The last thing I can mention is through access to web services but this implies that you program the services on a web page server to connect to the database server and then your programs are used to carry out this exchange of information, much more work.

The good thing is that there is a lot of mysql information on the internet.

Greetings and luck in your new project.

página que puede servirte / page that can help you

https://www.w3schools.com/
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-”–”-
KoKe
Leopoldo Blancas

Hello Serge,

Thank you very much for the help offered, but I'll be honest, I do not know anything about Host and those things, the first thing I'm going to do is study MySQL and then do a PRG and the doubts that I'm encountering I'll tell you, but I think I'm going to take a long time to understand MySQL since I can only do it in my spare time. But I will not leave this until I achieve it.

regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola Serge,

Muchas gracias por la ayuda ofrecida, pero te voy a ser sincero, no se nada de Host y esas cosas, lo primero que voy a hacer es estudiar MySQL y después hacer un PRG y las dudas que me vaya encontrando te las voy comentando, pero creo me voy a tardar un buen tiempo entender MySQL ya que solo lo puedo hacer en mis ratos libres. Pero no voy a dejar esto hasta lograrlo.

Saludos
Leopoldo Blancas

Hello Dragancesu,

My experience of Databases has been only DBF with Clipper5.2 and HMG and I have made applications in VBA Excel., Because here in Mexico people like Excel (maybe because they do not know the existence of other languages). Programming or how to control your Accounting). And my curiosity arose because I see that it would be good, for me personally, to make a program of this kind. I do not know anything about MySQL and MariaDB or any other similar programming language. I have only made applications in local LAN network. And what you say about accessing files through a port, I do not know what you're talking about, I still do not understand that. Thanks and it will take a while to assimilate MySQL. Later I will try to make the connection with PRG. and the doubts I have will be put here.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola Dragancesu,

Mi experiencia de Bases de Datos han sido solo DBF con Clipper5.2 y HMG y he realizado aplicaciones en VBA Excel., ya que aquí en México a la gente le gusta Excel (a lo mejor por que no saben la existencia de otros Lenguajes de Programación o como controlar su Contabilidad). Y mi curiosidad surgió porque veo que seria bueno, para mi en lo personal, lograr hacer un programa de este tipo. Yo de MySQL y de MariaDB o cualquier otro Lenguaje de Programación semejante no se nada. Solo he realizado aplicaciones en red local LAN. Y lo que dices de acceder a los archivos por un puerto no se de que me hablas, todavía no entiendo eso. Gracias y tardare un tiempo en asimilar MySQL. Ya después tratare de hacer la conexión con PRG. y las dudas que tenga las iré poniendo aquí.

Gracias.