HMGSCRIPT 0.36

HMG announcements; Latest HMG-related news, releases, fixes and updates.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Re: HMGSCRIPT 0.36

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Hi All,

PHP had basic dbase files built-in support, but it was removed from the main distribution, meaning it is not compiled with PHP anymore, so, we could rely on it for 'in-house' servers that we could manipulate, but not standard AMP servers.

So, I've searched for alternatives, but all of them are read-only (like I'm using currently for browse).

There is only one called PHP XBASE, but the code is old and it does not work on current PHP version.

It could be modified, but, the license does not allow modifications.

So, the problem now, is to create functions to add, replace and delete records, using PHP.

If someone has code or information that could help me on this, please, post in this thread.

TIA.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Roberto Lopez wrote:Hi All,

So, the problem now, is to create functions to add, replace and delete records, using PHP.

If someone has code or information that could help me on this, please, post in this thread.

TIA.
Well... I've found enough information about dbf file format, so I've started to write my own PHP class to handle modifications.

It will take some time...
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri wrote: - I am getting a 404 error while running xBase demo. Don't know why!
Please, remember that Linux is case sensitive, so, please check that test.dbf is always referenced in the same way (ie: all lowercase).
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)