HMGSCRIPT RELOADED!

HMG announcements; Latest HMG-related news, releases, fixes and updates.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Re: HMGSCRIPT RELOADED!

Post by Roberto Lopez »

apais wrote:Hola Roberto...

Also: Sqlite would be a non-need-to-setup database for preliminar tests and proof of concept don't you think ?
EasyPHP will avoid any configuration headache and I personally prefer to build over 'real-world' situations.

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

It is very interesting to know about the internal details. :)
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
apais
DBs Used: DBF

Post by apais »

Aqui molestando de nuevo... :D
To write on this recordset will require to solve a lot of problems, but, it can be done. Basically each row retrieved should include a field that identify each row in the table as unique, so DELETE and UPDATE should work well to implement its xBase counterparts.
Yes. We will have to create a virtual and unique field "RECNO" for that. That filed should contain the value of the primary key of the mysql table.
JSON, could be used too. But we should evaluate the size of the transferred recordset and processing time to decode/eval it on the client compared with delimited text.
As I undertand threre's nothing faster than json cause it is a subset of the javascript languaje and endoced-decode with the javascript engine itself..
Maybe this link can help you... it seems pretty easy and nativelly fast to translate arrays between javascript and php.
http://ditio.net/2008/07/17/php-json-an ... ipt-usage/
EasyPHP will avoid any configuration headache and I personally prefer to build over 'real-world' situations.
OK, will have to install it :)

Un abrazo !
Angel
Angel Pais
Web Apps consultant/architect/developer.
HW_apache (webserver modules) co-developer.
HbTron (Html GUI for harbour desktop hybrid apps) co-developer.
https://www.hbtron.com
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

apais wrote:Aqui molestando de nuevo... :D
No problemo! :)
apais wrote: Yes. We will have to create a virtual and unique field "RECNO" for that. That filed should contain the value of the primary key of the mysql table.
A simple solution is to leave the user the responsibility for that, so, delete and replace commands will look for such field to do the job (sql delete and update commands).
apais wrote: As I undertand threre's nothing faster than json cause it is a subset of the javascript languaje and endoced-decode with the javascript engine itself..
Ok. I'll consider for the optimizations stage.
apais wrote: OK, will have to install it :)
May be you not need to do that :)

There is various free hosting services that provide MySql and PHP. I'm doing tests in one of them.
apais wrote: Un abrazo !
Igualmente :)

Saludos,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Instead of sending the data as whole txt, is there a way to compress at the php level and decompress the same at HMG level?

IMHO, it may save a huge bandwidth. This can be done at least for a query returning more than 100 KB data.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri wrote:Instead of sending the data as whole txt, is there a way to compress at the php level and decompress the same at HMG level?

IMHO, it may save a huge bandwidth. This can be done at least for a query returning more than 100 KB data.
I've read about it, but I've not researched it yet.

As, for JSON, it will done in an optimization phase (prior to that we must to do it work:)

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)