HMG OBJECTS 2010.05.30

HMG announcements; Latest HMG-related news, releases, fixes and updates.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Re: HMG OBJECTS 2010.05.30

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Steed wrote:Hi, Roberto,

Thanks for the new version, there are a problem with the samples:
1-) main.menu: demo_1, demo_2, demo_3 : when you set checked value = true and enabled= false and then you do click on the buttons check and enable you obtain wrong values, you obtain checked= false and enable = true
2-) window.child: demo_1: when you do click in the button you have these error "Parent can be specified only for Panel windows. Program Terminated"
3-) window.standard: demo_1: when you do click in the button you have these error "Parent can be specified only for Panel windows. Program Terminated".
demo_2: when you do click in the button you have these error "Error BASE/1003 Variable does not exist OMAIN"
Thanks for the detailed report. I'll work on it.
Steed wrote: (From the earth of coffee, Shakira , Juanes and sadly noworldcup and other things)
Well... maybe 'noworldcup' but your team had an historic triumph 5-0 in a memorable match with Argentina. Nobody here will never forget that :)
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

gfilatov wrote:
Roberto Lopez wrote:Hi All,

I've redesigned MainMenu and ToolBar classes.

Now, ToolButtons, MenuPopups and MenuItems has its own classes.
Thanks a lot, Roberto!
Grigory,

If you are interested, a good contribution for HMG OBJECTS could be minigui ext.'s TSBROWSE (OOP based).

Various users had shown their wishes about to have TSBROWSE in HMG.

Since its OOP nature, it is a good candidate for HMG OBJECTS contributions/expansions.

AFAIK you are only person with the required knowledge to port it to HMG easily and safely.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
gfilatov

Post by gfilatov »

Roberto Lopez wrote: Grigory,

If you are interested, a good contribution for HMG OBJECTS could be minigui ext.'s TSBROWSE (OOP based).

Since its OOP nature, it is a good candidate for HMG OBJECTS contributions/expansions.

AFAIK you are only person with the required knowledge to port it to HMG easily and safely.
Roberto,

Thanks for your suggestion and kind words!

I think that it is enough to call the following minigui ext.'s function (similar to other controls) from HMG OBJECTS:
Function _DefineTBrowse ( ControlName, ParentFormName, nCol, nRow, nWidth, nHeight,;
aHeaders, aWidths, bFields, cField, uVal1, uVal2, value, fontname,fontsize, tooltip, change,;
bDblclick , aHeadClick , gotfocus , lostfocus , uAlias , Delete, lNogrid,;
aImages, aJust , HelpId , bold , italic , underline , strikeout , break ,;
backcolor , fontcolor , lock , cell , nStyle , appendable , readonly ,;
valid , validmessages , lEdit , aColors , uWhen , nId , aFlds,;
cMsg, lRePaint, lEnum, lAutoSearch, uUserSearch, lAutoFilter, uUserFilter )
But I see a problem with using internally in TSBROWSE minigui ext.'s specific control GETBOX :(

What is your opinion :?: May be it is possible to replace GetBox with TextBox control :?:
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Oh! TSBrowse in HMG?! So cool!
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

gfilatov wrote:
Roberto Lopez wrote: Grigory,

Roberto,

Thanks for your suggestion and kind words!

I think that it is enough to call the following minigui ext.'s function (similar to other controls) from HMG OBJECTS:
Function _DefineTBrowse ( ControlName, ParentFormName, nCol, nRow, nWidth, nHeight,;
aHeaders, aWidths, bFields, cField, uVal1, uVal2, value, fontname,fontsize, tooltip, change,;
bDblclick , aHeadClick , gotfocus , lostfocus , uAlias , Delete, lNogrid,;
aImages, aJust , HelpId , bold , italic , underline , strikeout , break ,;
backcolor , fontcolor , lock , cell , nStyle , appendable , readonly ,;
valid , validmessages , lEdit , aColors , uWhen , nId , aFlds,;
cMsg, lRePaint, lEnum, lAutoSearch, uUserSearch, lAutoFilter, uUserFilter )
But I see a problem with using internally in TSBROWSE minigui ext.'s specific control GETBOX :(

What is your opinion :?: May be it is possible to replace GetBox with TextBox control :?:
I've not followed minigui ext. evolution, so, I'm not sure about that...

Moreover, I guess that it relies into minigui internal variables not existing in HMG, but I'm not fully sure. I'm talking about that when mentioned 'porting'.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
sudip

Post by sudip »

TSBrowse with HMG!!! :D Great :D
With best regards,
Sudip
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Steed wrote:Hi, Roberto,

Thanks for the new version, there are a problem with the samples:
1-) main.menu: demo_1, demo_2, demo_3 : when you set checked value = true and enabled= false and then you do click on the buttons check and enable you obtain wrong values, you obtain checked= false and enable = true
2-) window.child: demo_1: when you do click in the button you have these error "Parent can be specified only for Panel windows. Program Terminated"
3-) window.standard: demo_1: when you do click in the button you have these error "Parent can be specified only for Panel windows. Program Terminated".
demo_2: when you do click in the button you have these error "Error BASE/1003 Variable does not exist OMAIN"

Regards,

Ed
(Since the earth of coffee, Shakira , Juanes and sadly
noworldcup and other things)
2 and 3 are problems in HMG OBJECTS and I've already solved.

Probelms with 'checked' and 'enabled' properties are inherited from HMG, so I'll must fix there.

Thanks again for the report.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

sudip wrote:TSBrowse with HMG!!! :D Great :D
That will happen only if someone with adequate minigui ext. internals knowledge does it. This is the reason I've asked Grigory about that.

Or it could be ported directly from its original (FiveWin) sources, if someone volunteers for that.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Roberto Lopez wrote: Probelms with 'checked' and 'enabled' properties are inherited from HMG, so I'll must fix there.
Anyway, I'll modified HMG OBJECTS sources for asking 'Enabled' and 'Checked' directly from instance variables without the need to call GetPtoperty, this will eliminate the problem (from an HMG OBJECTS perspective) and speed up execution.

I'll should do the same for other properties too as an optimization.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
gfilatov

Post by gfilatov »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
sudip wrote:TSBrowse with HMG!!! :D Great :D
That will happen only if someone with adequate minigui ext. internals knowledge does it. This is the reason I've asked Grigory about that.

Or it could be ported directly from its original (FiveWin) sources, if someone volunteers for that.
Hi Roberto,

I've revised minigui ext.'s TBrowse implementation and it will be required the five vars in the _HMG_SYSDATA public array of HMG for TBrowse data

_HMG_ActiveTBrowseName := ""
_HMG_ActiveTBrowseHandle := 0
_HMG_BeginTBrowseActive := .F.

_TSB_aControlhWnd := {}
_TSB_aControlObjects := {}

Are you ready to allocate these _HMG_SYSDATA elements as first step?

There are also the changes in the functions Events() and _AddItem / _DeleteItem for TsBrowse action's support. :idea:

I'll wait for your response...
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein