HMG OBJECTS... A New Project!

HMG announcements; Latest HMG-related news, releases, fixes and updates.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

srvet_claudio

Re: HMG OBJECTS... A New Project!

Post by srvet_claudio »

Carlos Britos wrote:
srvet_claudio wrote: Hi Pablo.
HMG.4 is based on QT for the creation and management of controls and windows.
HMG.4 is a project (code) totally different of HMG.3.1.4.
IMHO I think the solution would be rewrite HMG.3.1.4 with object-oriented code, I have been long thinking about this, but is a very BIG work.
Best Regards,
Claudio.
Hi Claudio
I´ve been making some test (a very basic GUI lib) with oop code with a similar structure than hmg4 and the main problem is the backward compatibility. The difference between procedural and oop code make it very hard. That was IMHO the problem with hmg4.
Yes Carlos, it is a great truth.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

srvet_claudio wrote:HMG.4 is based on QT for the creation and management of controls and windows.
HMG.4 is a project (code) totally different of HMG.3.1.4.
IMHO I think the solution would be rewrite HMG.3.1.4 with object-oriented code, I have been long thinking about this, but is a very BIG work.
Yes Dr. Claudio, HMG 4, I know it and there are many colleagues who are very sad to know it was stopped new releases. And we understand it is a hard work for retro-compatibility and you are saying that your thinking a lot for re-write 3.1.4 but why based on 3.1.4 ? Would it be because UNICODE ? If it's so, why not continue with HMG 4 or release a new one like as HMG 5 ?

I have big troubles to understand OOP, but if I could help you in something, you can count with me.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
mustafa
DBs Used: DBF

Post by mustafa »

Hola amigos:
en mi humilde opinión de aficionado, estoy siguiendo los avances de MarinasGui con QT y francamente
es bajo mi punto de vista fantástico, y ademas es casi igual el tipo de escritura del código fuente a HMG
Creo que tendríamos de unificar criterios conjuntos, a lo mejor estamos más cerca de lo que parece.
ya en su día mande un ejemplo reconvertido de Hmg a Marinas super facil aqui dejo el enlace.
http://hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1959
un saludo a todos los que estáis aportando nuevas ideas en esta fabulosa Web.

Hello friends:
in my humble amateur opinion, I am following the progress with QT and frankly MarinasGui
is in my point of view fantastic, and also is about the same kind of writing the source code to HMG
I think we need to unify criteria sets, maybe we are closer than it seems.
and in their day send an example reconverted Marine Hmg super easy to leave the link here.
http://hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1959
greetings to all who are bringing new ideas into this fabulous site.

Mustafa