Project Free HRD & Payroll Application

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Re: Project Free HRD & Payroll Application

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Agil Abdullah wrote:For Roberto Lopez,,,

I tried to execute your above sample codes for connecting Server NETIO. But, error found like this screenshoot. May be, codes I modified made some mistakes. Pls kindly help.
My sample is a pure Harbour console application (not an HMG one).

So, you must remove the #include 'hmg.ch'.

To assure that the correct build configuration is used, you must download Harbour compiler and install (ie) in c:\hb32.

Then, go to c:\hb32\contrib\hbnetio\tests and create your sample there, by typing:

c:\hb32\bin\hbmk2 prgname

Then, It will work.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Many thanks for attention of Serge Girard & Roberto Lopez. I'll try to exercise with NETIO.
So, I need to download Harbour first. When I find it in trouble I'll ask for your help. :)

Regards
Agil Abdullah Albatati (just call me Agil)
Programmer Never Surrender
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Hi All,

Till today, I just finished designing forms of dataentry for 3 Master Tables (Company, Unit, Department).

NOTE, Especially for my friends in my country Indonesia: We've been through with a lot of exercises, with SAMPLES availables and tests on friends' shares (attachments) in this forum. Now it's about time for us to try to start with our own style. A style in handling with Dataentry and display related to it.

As shown on this screenshoot.... An Exercise to design with Twin-Window template (inspired by Dr.Claudio Soto's mirror-window) & SplitBox. Attachement will follow.

Salam Hangat dari Jakarta. :D
Attachments
Multigrid.png
Multigrid.png (294.22 KiB) Viewed 5881 times
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Hi All,

Today I report that I've completed a Master Table Dataentry with source-progs attached below. In general what I need to say are... (let me copy from Menu:Help-About) as follows:

This sample (and simple) program is built with HMG.3.3.1, intended to do exercises with & implement the followings:-"
0] Getting accustomed to behavior of & handling with the Controls, Properties, Methods, Events: Characteristic of GUI codes."

"1] Presenting Data entry for 3 Master Tables: Company, Unit, Department."

"2] Arranged 3 grids within one window, organized in splitbox manner."

"3] The grids are positioned at half below, look similiar to the way the MS-Exel Sheets work."

"4] Above them are living panel windows, showing full data within a grid-cells where pointers sitting in."
" Each Window Template belonging to each table is loaded twice as twin form: "
" one form for Dataentry[read-write], the other for Display [readonly]."
" User choice to Accept or Cancel entry is placed at buttons within template-entry, not outside."
" When entry-time on stage, Form-Entry shows."
" When user press GO-button, Form-Entry releases itsself, Form-Display takes over the job."
" Form-Entry only do its job when entry time on stage, the rest belongs to Form-Display's showtime."

"6] Users are able to edit only one table at a time, or enable all the 3 to edit at the same time."

"7] The dataentry implements classic [but half strict] rules to maintain data integrity, which are:"
" - Once a record is added/appended, it is prohibited to modify Keyfields (Company-code, unit-code, deptcode)"
" - This rule to guarantee that database is under control, users has no opportunity to play with codes"
" - If something wrong happends to the codes, users should delete it, then append new one"
" - This rule will enable historycal records to be added, to examine how dataentry is treated by users."
" - This rule to prevent any accidental[unpredictable] edit to codes, especially in network environment."

"8] Keyfield of Company ->[compcode], protected in Company-Update operation."
" Keyfield of Unit ->[compcode+unitcode], Unitcode is protected in Unit-Update Operation."
" Keyfield of Department->[compcode+unitcode]+[deptcode], Deptcode is protected in Dept-Update Operation."

"9] Grids contain of records from Databases which are sent by way of RecordSet as recommended by Roberto Lopez."
" This is in preparation to implement NETIO Client-Server: no live data directly in grid, use RecordSet instead."

"10] This sample is part of Project Free HRD & Payroll, scheduled to be ready to install in full in January 2015."
" Free to copy/share/modify, etc."

"Many thanks to help & support from HMGforum friends: Rathinagiri, Roberto Lopez, Serge Girard, BPD2000, Mustafa, Esgici."

"06-Nov-2014, "
"Agil Abdullah Albatati, Jakarta Indonesia, email: agil1960dcr@yahoo.com" + CRLF + ;
"(beginner to HMG)

>>>> Attachment see next page---->

Note: you may place the sample/demo in any folder. Have a try and give your comments/advise/revision & whatever, if you wish.

Regards,,,,,
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

This source is with MainProgram placed in "Demo.prg"
Attachments
MultiGrid.rar
(188.96 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

and this the last update dataentry design with template.
Attachments
Manpower06.png
Manpower06.png (312.85 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

and this one is my exercises with Modify DataStructure, View DataStructure, PackFile... You may find them at Menu-File.

In brief, you're easy to find the filenames, the structures, etc without running DBU utility or its kind because all written in my codes. See Mandbf01.prg, Mandbf02, Mandbf03. I try not to leave dark spots to users concerncing the dbf/tables.
Attachments
Manpower07.png
Manpower07.png (269.96 KiB) Viewed 5824 times