STRU - Lists and modifies the structure of the dbfs files

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

For those working with DBFs. I hope this application will facilitate as many open issues and fail to mention the dbf structure in question. With the use of the structure may list STRU.EXE and paste together with their source code and thus facilitate the comprehension of all.

This new version allows to be used in console mode and GUI. Depend on how the utility is called STRU, allowing the following syntax on the command line, eg:
  1. STRU
        Will run in GUI mode.
  2. STRU C:\MYSOURCES\*.DBF
        List the structure of all dbfs SYSTEMS folder. You can also enter the name of each individual dbf.
  3. STRU CLIENTES.DBF
        Shows on the screen and pressing F9 sends to default-printer and F10 to clipboard.
  4. STRU CLIENTES.DBF CLIP
        Give structure to the clipboard (clipboard). If you open the page " On Line Clipper " of Toledo site, will ask if you want to copy to the clipboard in the format table with BBCodes to paste in the topic the forum here.
  5. STRU CLIENTES.DBF PRIN
        Give the structure for the default printer.
  6. STRU CLIENTES.DBF FILE.TXT
        Builds on file with the list structure. If the file name extension is. PRG, will generate the source code for file creation (s) dbf (s).
  7. STRU /? or STRU /HELP
        Shows the syntax.
Easy is not it? So good advantage at all! The package comes with the source and is easy comprehension. The utility was developed in HMG (my first utility xBase-GUI).

New Now we can change the file structure DBFs. It's always good to make a backup before use it, although the utility will make a copy with file extension name "Bkp" before the first changing. The changing of type field/data of pre-existing data were not fully tested. If anyone has any comment to make: is welcome!

Observation: Please do not ask me to translate in English. Probably I will do it but for not now.

<Attached file removed, see last message with now release>
Last edited by Pablo César on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
fchirico

Re: STRU - Lists and modifies the structure of the dbfs file

Post by fchirico »

I like this!!!! very, very much!!

Thank!
Saludos, Fernando Chirico.
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Que bueno que te gustó Fernando. Espero entonces que te sea muy útil !
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Olá Pablo
Pablo César wrote:For those working with DBFs. I hope this application will facilitate as many open issues and fail to mention the dbf structure in question. With the use of the structure may list STRU.EXE and paste together with their source code and thus facilitate the comprehension of all.

This new version allows to be used in console mode and GUI. Depend on how the utility is called STRU, allowing the following syntax on the command line, eg:
  1. STRU
        Will run in GUI mode.
  2. STRU C:\MYSOURCES\*.DBF
        List the structure of all dbfs SYSTEMS folder. You can also enter the name of each individual dbf.
  3. STRU CLIENTES.DBF
        Shows on the screen and pressing F9 sends to default-printer and F10 to clipboard.
  4. STRU CLIENTES.DBF CLIP
        Give structure to the clipboard (clipboard). If you open the page " On Line Clipper " of Toledo, will ask if you want to copy to the clipboard in the format table with BBCodes to paste in the topic the forum here.
  5. STRU CLIENTES.DBF PRIN
        Give the structure for the default printer.
  6. STRU CLIENTES.DBF FILE.TXT
        Builds on file with the list structure. If the file name extension is. PRG, will generate the source code for file creation (s) dbf (s).
  7. STRU /? or STRU /HELP
        Shows the syntax.
Easy is not it? So good advantage at all! The package comes with the source and is easy comprehension. The utility was developed in HMG (my first utility xBase-GUI).

New Now we can change the file structure DBFs. It's always good to make a backup before use it, although the utility will make a copy with file extension name "Bkp" before the first changing. The changing of type field/data of pre-existing data were not fully tested. If anyone has any comment to make: is welcome!

Observation: Please do not ask me to translate in English. Probably I will do it but for not now.
Wow :o

A program will run console or GUI mode, depending how called it; very interesting :!:

This is an util very useful and easy to use; also ( since include the source code ) is very informative one :)

Thanks a lot Pablo, you are a real wizard ;)

Only I couldn't understand the item numbered 4. :(

Regards
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Great tool! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Esgici,

In this option, the structure data will be copied to clipboard. You can paste anywhere (like notepad) by pressing Ctrl+V
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Muy bueno Pablo César, felicitaciones!!!
Un abrazo,
Claudio.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Hi - Hola - ola :

Pablo César : gracias por compartir esta aplicacion / Thank you for sharing this application,

Esgici : Posiblemente una mala traducción. // possibly a bad translation.
Pablo César wrote:Observation: Please do not ask me to translate in English. Probably I will do it but for not now.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

esgici wrote:Hi Rathi
rathinagiri wrote: In this option, the structure data will be copied to clipboard. You can paste anywhere (like notepad) by pressing Ctrl+V
Thanks to clarification.

Obviously we know clipboard (since Window 3.1 days) ;)

The obscurity is why we need open the page " On Line Clipper " of Toledo :?:

Regards
What I tried to say is: in that option 4, you can use /CLIP option just for clipboard proposes. But if in that moment, your browser is open in "Clipper On Line" site (http://www.pctoledo.com.br/forum/index.php) then the contents of strings of structure for copying in clipboard will be done in other format (not as is on the screen, will be in BBCode format, especifically in [ table ] way) and will be copied like this:

TITULOS.DBF[table][tr][td]Nr[/td][td]Nome[/td][td]Tipo[/td][td]Tam[/td][td]Dec[/td][/tr][tr][td]01[/td][td]COD_TIT[/td][td]N[/td][td]005[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]02[/td][td]TITULO[/td][td]C[/td][td]046[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]03[/td][td]PROMOCAO[/td][td]C[/td][td]002[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]04[/td][td]GENERO[/td][td]C[/td][td]002[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]05[/td][td]NCOPIAS[/td][td]N[/td][td]002[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]06[/td][td]CLASSIND[/td][td]N[/td][td]002[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]07[/td][td]DTAPROM[/td][td]D[/td][td]008[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]08[/td][td]ENVIAWEB[/td][td]C[/td][td]001[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]09[/td][td]REUTILIZA[/td][td]N[/td][td]002[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]TESTE[/td][td]C[/td][td]001[/td][td]000[/td][/tr][/table]
This format I made just to be easier way for poster of "Clipper on Line" when needs to make a new post with dbfs structures being shown in table way. The only problem to be fixed is that we have to translate BBCodes utilized in "Clipper on Line" site is tabela in place of table, linha in place of tr and coluna in place of td. Then you can change in code for php ressources uses in English way not like in Toledo way that he has created his own command (in php) for table proposes.

I hope to been clearly now. For translations, sorry if is not so clear. Yesterday I have used Google Translator just to post this last function of modifying structures in a harry.
This STRU.exe was my first app beeing created in HMG in February of 2011 but it was without modi_stru functions.

Next step, I will apply a new function of edit data of dbf. And finally translations of English and possible in Spanish too.

And thanks all of you good people ! Yours praises are very good wellcome ! Your good words make me work better ! Sharing is a good way to return yours contributions and this include all whom makes a xBase language even more better ! Thank to the creator of Roberto without him we will not be here...

In codes way, please compare actual results of STRU and what it will be do for php in HMG site (click on image below to see better resolution):
Attachments
Screen35.PNG
Screen35.PNG (44.85 KiB) Viewed 11410 times
Last edited by Pablo César on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Hola Pablo
Pablo César wrote:...What I tried to say is: in that option 4...
No problem amigo, I want only better understanding ;)
Pablo César wrote:..."Clipper On Line" site
I did not almost anything understand from "Clipper On Line" forum because of language restriction ;)
So it's impossible to know what features have it. Only thing I understood, our amigo PCToledo sell here a ( two) CD named Clipper On Line.

In other hand this forum and ours both are Powered by phpBB; CLIP and other features must be same in both forum.

Anyway no problem, your program is good. Reminded me that oldy goldy days: In dot prompt Enter command DISP STRU or MODI STRU ; that was all :arrow:

Thanks again your participation :D

Viva Roberto, Viva HMG !

By the way your last image Screen35.PNG is invisible :( Why you used foreign place (dc627.4shared.com) instead of attachment feature of our forum ?

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

esgici wrote:
Pablo César wrote:...What I tried to say is: in that option 4...
No problem amigo, I want only better understanding ;)
Yeah, very good question, thanks for your participation.
In other hand this forum and ours both are Powered by phpBB; CLIP and other features must be same in both forum.
Yes, I think so too. I will suggest to Mr. Toledo to put both ways.
Anyway no problem, your program is good. Reminded me that oldy goldy days: In dot prompt Enter command DISP STRU or MODI STRU
Yeah, this was my inttention. Also for who programate in dot prompt, also usefull.
By the way your last image Screen35.PNG is invisible. Why you used foreign place (dc627.4shared.com) instead of attachment feature of our forum ?
Thank you to advise me for that feature. I already correct it. But please tell me if is possible to put a visible image attached in the middle of message. It is possible ?
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein