Software for Small Retail Shop

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

sudip

Software for Small Retail Shop

Post by sudip »

Hello Friends,

Recently I am creating an app for small retail shop. It's a very ordinary software, still under development. I created only master file setup of this project.

One thing is uncommon: It can be compiled with both HMG and Minigui Ext (with only one line change in utils.prg).

Please download and compile
Retailer.zip
(14.71 KiB) Downloaded 805 times
Please send your feedback. I really need it for learning :)

Thanks in advance :)
With best regards,
Sudip
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: Software for Small Retail Shop

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thanks a lot for sharing Sudip. I will check and revert back.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
swapan

Post by swapan »

sudip wrote:Hello Friends,

Recently I am creating an app for small retail shop. It's a very ordinary software, still under development. I created only master file setup of this project.

One thing is uncommon: It can be compiled with both HMG and Minigui Ext (with only one line change in utils.prg).

Please download and compile
Retailer.zip
Please send your feedback. I really need it for learning :)

Thanks in advance :)
Great Sudip! Will surely look into it with keen interest and revert accordingly.
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hello,

Now I am adding some triggers with the database. Moreover saledtl table need some changes. So, for the next update you need to delete saledtl table from the database having names like Data20102011.sqlite for fin yr 2010-2011.
With best regards,
Sudip
cdsaenz

Post by cdsaenz »

Thanks Sudip! I downloaded your porject. Don't you love it when source code compiles right away? :) I'm going back from a long time ago to XBase/Clipper syntax and your source is very helpful! I'll dig deeper at home. Loved the clean interface.
Charly
Argentina, Hobbyist developer, Clipper/Delphi/PHP/Progress
cdsaenz

Post by cdsaenz »

Oh one question Sudip, you don't use the IDE right? you created the windows in code directly I guess (clever usage of the += to increment the row..). Does it get too hard? I'm now using a mixup of things, IDE + manual touching the FMG, but I like the idea to have the visual stuff separately.
Charly
Argentina, Hobbyist developer, Clipper/Delphi/PHP/Progress
Czarny_Pijar

Post by Czarny_Pijar »

cdsaenz wrote:Oh one question Sudip, you don't use the IDE right? you created the windows in code directly I guess (clever usage of the += to increment the row..). Does it get too hard? I'm now using a mixup of things, IDE + manual touching the FMG, but I like the idea to have the visual stuff separately.
I'm glad to be not only one who prefer to create the forms inside IDE. Not so long ago I was also surprised ( http://hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1284 ), now I'm used to. Nevertheless, I stay with IDE ;) Besides, some 'manual touchig' you can speed-up with my freeware called 'FMG-tool' http://hmgforum.com/download/file.php?id=1319 :mrgreen:
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hello Charly, Cznary,

Thank you very much for your interest in this project :)

HMG IDE form designer is an excellent tool. In my very humble opinion, hand coded form may be more powerful and flexible. In hand coded form, I can re-use my codes (eg., prod.prg).

Moreover, I used hand coded from (instead of .fmg), as I can use it both with HMG and Minigui Ext (as their .fmg structures are different).

Please note that this software is incomplete. I am working on this project right now. SQLite has some good features of trigger, data integrity etc, which I learned from Rathi. I am working on this.

I am a learner of HMG. All your feedbacks will be very much helpful in this learning process :)
With best regards,
Sudip
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hello Friends,

Here is some update:

1. Triggers and referential integrity added in the database (if you have old one, you need to drop Sale and Saledtl tables). (Thank you Rathi :) )

2. Using AddField() UDF. Which is helpful to add field to an existing table (if exists) (s_prod() function in Retailer.prg ref Sql.prg)

3. Some modification in code for Product group (prod.prg)

4. User can add new product during SKU setup. It shows re-usability of hand coded form (prod.prg). (In future we can use polymorphism here ;) )

Please download and compile the code.
Retailer.zip
(18 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
Please don't forget to send your feedback. :)

Thanks in advance.
With best regards,
Sudip
swapan

Post by swapan »

sudip wrote:Hello Friends,

Here is some update:

1. Triggers and referential integrity added in the database (if you have old one, you need to drop Sale and Saledtl tables). (Thank you Rathi :) )

2. Using AddField() UDF. Which is helpful to add field to an existing table (if exists) (s_prod() function in Retailer.prg ref Sql.prg)

3. Some modification in code for Product group (prod.prg)

4. User can add new product during SKU setup. It shows re-usability of hand coded form (prod.prg). (In future we can use polymorphism here ;) )

Please download and compile the code.
Retailer.zip
Please don't forget to send your feedback. :)

Thanks in advance.
I've not yet tested your this 2nd release.....have gone through with your 1st upload of this project. My feedback is based on the codes supplied by you initially.

The application looks decent!

I liked it very much, the simple & the clean way to enter into the Product Group Entry from the middle of the SKU Entry and coming back to SKU Entry.....very simple & clean design and functionality. Good job!

Help List - with speed search needed. Your lists (invoked from 'Find') seems not to support speed search of items/elements.

And yes thanks a lot for sharing with us.........
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/