picture control and foreground colour

Discuss anything else that does not suite other forums.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

l3whmg

picture control and foreground colour

Post by l3whmg »

Hi at everybody,
1) I’ve a problem with “Image” control: the image on video don't change. To better (I hope :oops: ) explain I've included a simple example. When I click on the button “bt_foto” the function work fine but don’t change the image on video; if I close the function p010_main() and return to the main (very main) program and then recall the same function p010_main() and the same/saved record, no image is loaded. But, MOST IMPORTANT, If I quit the main (very main) program, then reopen it, execute function p010_main() and recall the prior saved record with the new (changed) image, this is loaded on video! It’s my problem :?:

2) I've a form with Tab control (see image): there is no great difference between the background color of the tab (red circle) and the background color of the field (green circle); on the other hand the standard background color (blu circle) of the form it's more gray. a) I don't find method to change (it's possible?) the tab background color :idea: . b) It's my problem :?:

Many thanks to everyone and excuse me for bad English

I’m run on WinXp MSSystem with Harbour MiniGUI 2.6.7

Bye
Attachments
Files.zip
prg example and video hardcopy
(11.07 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: picture control and foreground colour

Post by esgici »

Ciao Luigi

Could you explain the problem more specific please ?

Preferably with a working sample, concentrated to problem and isolated all about non related the problem.

PS : Please don't break your laptop before answered your question :D

Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Ciao Esgici,
I’m sorry for the later, but I want try exactly and… I ( :?: ) found the problem! :)
Look at source Sub, line 64 (*LOCAL cFile := getfile...).
Now it’s commented and program work fine ;) but if I activate it don’t work :o ; the image don’t change on video.

Ok for the laptop :lol:

Bye
Attachments
PrgTest.zip
Prg for test
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
esgici

Post by esgici »

Hi Luigi

IMHO you have change Line 66 in sub.prg

p010win.iFoto.picture := NewFilename
to

p010win.iFoto.picture := cFile

Or change line 64 :

LOCAL cFile := getfile(aFilters, ...

to

LOCAL NewFilename := getfile(aFilters, ...

You already have ".\fotosoci" folder (under your working DIR) with pictures, isn't ?

Another point may be: If you are working with HMG-IDE, whenever modified sub.prg you have re-save main.prg too or use Project\Reset Project Incremental Data command before compiling project. Or better exclude #include sub.prg line from main.prg and add sub.prg as a separate module to project by using Project\Add Module command.

I hope that this help you.

Regards

--

Esgici
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Esgici,
thanks a lot for your quickly answer, but...
Yes I now that my pictures must be in the subfolder and yes I know that I need to do changes how you describe, but the problem is the "getfile" function! If I use it (to select or not the picture file it's not important now) only the activation create the problem! I have used this method (getfile to select file from folder) before Hmg 2.6.7 version and work fine; now, with this version, I have the problem: I don't understand :shock: . I have looked that there is a new Hmg version: I try it :o .

For the second answer I don't use HMG-IDE. Why? I don't know: perhaps I don't understand very well the power of this.

Among a few times I would want to share two very simple "library" that I write and use: one is to access at MySql and another one is to print (M$Window): can I do this here for everyone (and perhaps get some suggestions) ?

How is the weather in Alexandretta? Here, I'm living near Aosta Valley in the north of Italy, it's raining :( .

Best regards
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Among a few times I would want to share two very simple "library" that I write and use: one is to access at MySql and another one is to print (M$Window): can I do this here for everyone (and perhaps get some suggestions) ?
Hi Luigi,

It is the RIGHT time to share those libraries, since this is the hot topic of our Forum now! I am eager to see.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
esgici

Post by esgici »

Hi Luigi
l3whmg wrote:
...I don't understand :shock: ...

Me too :(

After building ".\fotosoci" folder, copying some pictures into it ( and correcting file's variable name ) your program work fine in my machine :?

If you want I can send you working version of your program ( my email address is esgici @ gmail.com ).

Regarding IDE, I strongly suggest using it. Let complex batch files and environment settings left in DOS :!: There isn't any difficulty. Simply follow a few primitive samples. If you like you will begin here.
As Rathinagiri said, this is just right time.
How is the weather in Alexandretta? Here, I'm living near Aosta Valley in the north of Italy, it's raining :( .
Thanks. Since three days is very well: sunny, 27°C and rh is 42. Second half of March was fully rainy.

Best Regards

--

Esgici

Best regards
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi at everybody,
thanks a lot for the informations Esgici!
First of all, that's incredible, I've rewrite the source (same code), recompile it and... work fine :o. I don't understand what's the problem. One time, I've tried to use the "getfile" function in this way "cFile = getfile(aFilter, "prompt", cPath, .F., .T.)" and work fine then I rewrite in the original form with "cFile = getfile(aFilter, "prompt", cPath, .F., .F.)" and work fine also. For me it's a mystery :twisted:

For the libraries, I take some little time because I want prepare little examples how to use them: my logic (or my mind :?: ) can be very different from other :lol: I'm very enjoy to do this for everyone. Rathinagiri, Esgici: many thanks for the invitations.

See you soon
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
mustafa

Post by mustafa »

Luigi saluti
Non sei sicuro di quello che stai cercando è questo, sono molto nuovo e non so molto
programmazione in mingui, anni fa programare Clipper Summer 87 y dBfast.
Grazie al grande Maestro Esgici che risolve tutto ciò che noi chiediamo
Ho modificato un esempio di programma in modo da poter visualizzare le fotos in archivio
Siamo spiacenti, ma non parlano l'italiano o l'inglese
Un saludo
Mustafa

Luigi greetings
Not sure what you're looking for is this, I am very new and not so much
Programming mingui, I programmed years Clipper Summer 87 y dBfast.
Thanks to the Grand Master Esgici that solves all that we ask
I modified a sample program so you can view the photos in the archive
We're sorry, but do not speak Italian or English
Bye
Mustafa

l3whmg wrote:Hi at everybody,
1) I’ve a problem with “Image” control: the image on video don't change. To better (I hope :oops: ) explain I've included a simple example. When I click on the button “bt_foto” the function work fine but don’t change the image on video; if I close the function p010_main() and return to the main (very main) program and then recall the same function p010_main() and the same/saved record, no image is loaded. But, MOST IMPORTANT, If I quit the main (very main) program, then reopen it, execute function p010_main() and recall the prior saved record with the new (changed) image, this is loaded on video! It’s my problem :?:

2) I've a form with Tab control (see image): there is no great difference between the background color of the tab (red circle) and the background color of the field (green circle); on the other hand the standard background color (blu circle) of the form it's more gray. a) I don't find method to change (it's possible?) the tab background color :idea: . b) It's my problem :?:

Many thanks to everyone and excuse me for bad English

I’m run on WinXp MSSystem with Harbour MiniGUI 2.6.7

Bye
Attachments
basegraphic.zip
(142 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
esgici

Post by esgici »

Hola Mustafa
mustafa wrote: I modified a sample program so you can view the photos in the archive
Nice work, thanks for sharing.

But please, don't exaggerate commendations about me :oops:

I'm not great nor master, only a a student. May be a little difference : my education may be began a little time before than yours, that's all.

Moreover we have one and only one Great Master, you know :)

Viva Le Roy Roberto, viva HMG

Saludos Cordiales

--

Esgici