Prg2Fmg Project

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

bpd2000

Re: Prg2Fmg Project

Post by bpd2000 »

Hi Pablo, I am interested in this project
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Pablo,

Let give it a try! Count me in.

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

HMG is a good product, simple language and syntax, fast compiler and a lot of satisfied customers

I do not use FMG than PRG, IDE is good but can be improved

I had an idea how to improve it all but to express what would be done by me

Many problems derived from the DBF / NTX files, it is a good format but missing data dictionary to know which ntx belongs to dbf, cdx is better but do not use it, the right solution is to use the database, I tried mysql, it's ok

Wizard or not? It would be good to have, any help is welcome, especially for creating reports, reports are a big problem and it should be easier, just for form, if you make a standard and it can be a lot easier

So far I have made hmgcase for faster development of forms and reports, and then there is the following, should always be a new feature that will be used in several programs. It's program generator, i want to have source

Watching Clipper made a lot of library functions, so i could here make one library functions that will need to work with dates, to work with the base and the like, some routines such as login with username/password, etc.

Wizards or a development tool for HMG would welcome
Pablo César

Prg2Fmg Project

Post by Pablo César »

Guys I am really thanked to know there are many people engaged to work on something common for the benefit of us all. BPD, Serge, Dragan, Vagblad and many others, I feel proud to be in good company of all of you, thank you for your kind of words too.

Today I am still sad, I know I have to get over what we passed in these last days of loss and I should overcome much more. Maybe today will not program, I am going to get fresh my head by bike around the city... but I feel a lot of energy and still eager to take a closer look at the background of Vagblad and Nikos work. Congratulations to you, for techniques used and yours detachment for kindly give the code from you. I'll be happy to contribute what is in my capacity.

Probably this project would it seems to be so complicated. But I will tell you: will it be not.
There hard work, but not impossible, you will see.

Too bad that time I wanted to be starting but I will let the inspiration in trigger.

Today is a national holiday and I enjoy being with my family.

A big hug for all HMG lovers
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
trmpluym

Post by trmpluym »

Dear Pablo,

What about the other way around. Create a form with a GUI (FMG) and generate a PRG.

I just love HMG because the user interface is in code.

So why not also a Fmg2Prg ?

Theo
Pablo César

Prg2Fmg Project

Post by Pablo César »

trmpluym wrote:Dear Pablo,

What about the other way around. Create a form with a GUI (FMG) and generate a PRG.

I just love HMG because the user interface is in code.

So why not also a Fmg2Prg ?

Theo
Hi Theo,

This is a good idea, but HMG/IDE has already this option in View menu option at "Form code".

There are also these 3 topics addressing this subject, please look at it:

viewtopic.php?p=998#p998
http://hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=11973#p11973
viewtopic.php?p=34661#p34661
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
trmpluym

Post by trmpluym »

Thank you Pablo i did not know :o

I gonne try it !

Sorry for bothering ...
mol

mol

Post by mol »

I had such a tool for old clipper programs :-D
Pablo César

Prg2Fmg Project

Post by Pablo César »

trmpluym wrote:Thank you Pablo i did not know :o

I gonne try it !

Sorry for bothering ...
No problem Theo, not at all. All this matter is coming by the same wish: "to make easier in forms designing".

vagblad wrote:@Pablo
Do you think it will be better to make another thread for this project?the real time form manager? And keep this one for your idea for the prg - > fmg?
I just dont want to hijack your thread. Anyway i wish to contribute in everyway i can in both of them.
Hi Vagblad, thank you for questioning. For me there is not problem, by the same thinking we are joined for same goal: "to make easier in forms designing" as said to Theo. But if you considered apropriated, you could ask to Rathinagiri to split messages to a new topic for RTFM proposes. When be ready something, I mean something usuable of Prg2Fmg, we can join at same app or use independent. There is not problem at all. I confess, I'm anxious to me continuing in Prg2Fmg project and can not see another project deeply...

Please go ahead, I certainly I have others contributions to add you project if is viable, of course.

Ευχαριστούμε τους φίλους.
Last edited by Pablo César on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

mol ?

Post by Pablo César »

mol wrote:I had such a tool for old clipper programs :-D
:lol: Yes, for console there was somes... but for me now the important is to become stronger with tools for form designing... I do not like to prepare screens by hands... I mean manually. We loose much time...

In console I've bought a tool called GAS and before used also a paid app called Miro. Both are brazilian. Usefull for reports too. But were in diskettes now most probably it is not working anymore... :?
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein