ViewError - HMG building utility

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

Re: ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

Thank you Marek for you interest ! :)
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Hola Pablo César,

Muy excelente Herramienta!, no habrá una forma de que vaya incluido en HMG, para que se ejecute en automático cuando haya un error al compilar?

Saludos
Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

Gracias Javier por tu opinion e interés. :D
Javier Tovar wrote:... no habrá una forma de que vaya incluido en HMG...
Lo veo un tanto dificil, ya que seria un ejecutable más para ser anexado al programa de instalación. A no ser que algun dia, la instalacion del HMG sea con items selecionables, es decir que permita bajar y actualizar los archivos que solo fueron modificados. De esta forma tendríamos apenas una sola instalacion de version de HMG. Porque a cada instalacion tenemos archivos repetidos entre una version y otra. Pero esto es algo, que todavia no há sido discutido aqui en el forum de forma profunda. Esta es apenas mi opinion personal. Tambien para que sea o pueda ser incorporado al paquete de instalacion HMG, tendriamos que juntar la aprobacion manifestada de muchos usuários y obtener la aprobacion del "HMG Development Team".
Javier Tovar wrote:...para que se ejecute en automático cuando haya un error al compilar?
Por las razones que hé mencionado, creo que lo conveniente, sea hacer uso de esta herramienta a critério de cada uno. Quien quiere lo baja y lo instala en su ambiente HMG.

Disculpame, ahora me tengo que ir a atender un cliente, pero voy presentar una solución con respecto al Build.bat.

Saludos cordiales,

Thanks Javier for your opinion and interest. :D
Javier Tovar wrote: ...there would be a way to be included in HMG...
I see a such difficult because it would be more one executable to be attached to the installer. Unless someday, the installation of HMG could be as selectable items installer, ie allowing download and update only the files that were just modified. In this way we would have just a single installation version of HMG. Because in each installation we are duplicating files from a version to another. But this is something that has not deeply been discussed here in the forum. This is just my personal opinion. Also to be or may be incorporated into the installation package HMG, we had to raise the approval expressed by many users and obtain the "HMG Development Team" approval too.
Javier Tovar wrote:... so that it could runs automatically when there is an error when compiling?
For the reasons I have mentioned, I think it advisable, being use this tool at the user option. Who wants it can download it and install it on your HMG environment.

Sorry, now I have to go meet a client, but I'll present a solution with respect to Build.bat.

Best regards,
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Gracias Pablo César por compartir!

Saludos
Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

Hi All ! :D

I have been preparing (not 100% finnished) but the ViewError app is workable and works perfectly with this listed Build.bat below of our last HMG version released.

But I wish to clear something before. This use is optional, is not official use yet and I do not know if this it will be considered as part of HMG or not. Any way the use of it is for your own risk ( :lol: I'm kidding ).
It's good to read this before, please.

As you must know, ViewError is an app which helps to visualize the source code when happen an error at source code during build. This building can be by IDE or by prompt command. Some runtime errors and some errors which harbour could not identify by lines of source code, will not be display the source codes.

This is the Build.bat (Build64.bat can also be adapted), and it works in both ways (with ViewError app and without). Previously at this last HMG release (HMG 3.3.1 and older) when we tried to compile and the app was running, was displaying a non very well defined message to user giving an error. But now one message will be displaying saying that app must be closed before building.

Here in this topic you can find and access the newest version of Build.bat.
It was improved, revised and tested. This batch can work with follwing options:

Without ViewError app:
  • Run in IDE and thru Prompt Command
  • It will check if executable is running and give vbs message (MessageBox in VBScript)
  • In case of error at IDE. IDE will display the error as ever done
    Screen2.png
    Screen2.png (78.19 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
  • In case an error at Prompt Command, will make TYPE and PAUSE
    Screen1.png
    Screen1.png (12.78 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
With ViewError app:
  • Run in IDE and thru Prompt Command
  • It will check if executable is running and give app message
  • In case of error at IDE. App will display the error showing source code at line in conflict
    Screen3.png
    Screen3.png (62.84 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
  • In case an error at Prompt Command, app will also display the error showing source code at line in conflict
    Screen4.png
    Screen4.png (16.03 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
This Build.bat, will check and take the variable ViewError at your enviroment variables system and see if is defined with folder or if it's empty one.
When is defined the path of ViewError, will execute it. But if is deleted (not find executable) will proceed without ViewError app on compiling procedure.

When you run for first time, ViewError check if this variable is setted or not. And will set the variable with the folder where ViewError is installed. The only problem that need to reboot to take effect of installation.
But you can test without any problem at all. If you do not want to reboot just to make tests, you can re-edit this Build.bat at line # 72 and put full path of ViewError is installed in you hard disk. ;)

When be completed/finnished the app will offer two ways to re-edit source codes when an error happen: one be done by the GRID and other by your favorite source Editor installed (using new HMG_GetFileAssociatedWithExtension function).

Gentlemen, I know you are busy at this moment, but I would like to know your opinion about this.

I hope you enjoy, you will see it works perfectly without any prejudice.

Best regards guys and I hope you enjoy it ! :D

Note: Source and executable files were removed due there is a updated version more ahead for you downloading.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Bien Pablo César, en un rato lo veo!

Saludos
quartz565

Post by quartz565 »

Ευχαριστώ Παύλο !!
Πολύ καλό !!
Best Regards,
Nikos.

Pablo César

ViewError

Post by Pablo César »

There were a bug saying all the time to be installed and indicating to reboot your PC.

Have been fixed on these lines:
Screen1.png
Screen1.png (52.03 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
Note: Source codes and executable files were removed due there is a updated version more ahead for you downloading.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Excellent Pablo!

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...